Triple Bypass | SouthernPaddler.com

Triple Bypass

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
Well, THAT ain't why I'm fat! None of that stuff is appealing to me at all.
I just like minescule amounts of fat and salt- and beer- at ten minute intervals. That's Why I'm fat!

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Mick,

I think most of those folks are kidding us. I am a dedicated omnivore, and eat like a buzzard (if it ain't moving I'm liable to swoop and dine). But I have to admit most of those dishes looked kind of gross to me.

The "garbage plate" seemed like it had some potential...

I like chilli with beef, over some nice crisp french fries, and cheese on top. That's a pretty satisfying meal that you can do cheap at a Wendy's.

Wendy's is a fast food place; mostly hambergers and such, but they offer chilli, too, and it's pretty good.

I know you would know what a french fry is, but out of curiosity, do ya'll call them "chips", like the English do?

George

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
On the road ... Wendie's baked potato and then smother it with the chili and some cheese..... :D
Almost as good at Micky D's Sausage with gravy and biscuits I have only been able to find in Georgia and South Carolina. Now if they would only have them on a bed of grits. :wink:
Seams like the other states don't like good chow.

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Yeah mate, we call them chips too. (except in places like Macdonalds and our version of your Burger King.

Personally, I just hate being served by some pimply faced kid food that is at best, very ordinary and at worst, inedible.

I am pretty much an omnivore too but am getting more fussy about what I throw down my neck. :D

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
hairymick said:
I am pretty much an omnivore too but am getting more fussy about what I throw down my neck. :D

Yes - and we probably all should.

I'm out driving around Atlanta all day every day, and I get in a hurry about eating. McDonalds is so easy, and they are everywhere. Can't tell you how many times I've choked down five or six dollars worth of their food and then walked away wondering why I did that - AGAIN.

Wendy's is pretty decent, though. The beef actually tastes like beef, and the chilli (which is made from surplus burger patties) is really quite good.

Now I've made myself hungry. :)
George