TRR SUV (Cuda 18) | SouthernPaddler.com

TRR SUV (Cuda 18)

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I got a few sheets of 4 mm laun today at the box store, here we go again.
I am trying to make up my mind if I want to stretch this boat to 16 ft 6 inches. Oh well when I start cutting her out I guess I will make that decision.
Saw dust here we come.
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Re: TRR SUV

Ron,
Your always downplaying everything( of course that is a trait of a Texan that cannot be helped). You built the TV and it was actually a SUV. Now your going to build a Suv. It'll probally turn out to be an 18 wheeler. :lol:
Bob

Steve

Actually, Bob, Ron explained his concept for the SUV to me. . . Seems the federal gubberment is seizin' all his assets. . . 'n' Ron is in need o' some funds to get the Brazos Queen and the others back. . .so he plans on a-renting the SUV out as river side Condominiums in order to offset the loss to the gubberment. . .See, hte gubberment decided if Ron kin make up all dem boats, he kin afford to give them a bigger piece o' his meager income. . . Kinda like the oil companies raisin' gas prices agin when everyone is outa work and ain't got money to go no wheres. . .

Paddletrucker

Jan 9, 2009
Inola, OK

Let's see, how many boats have to be in your fleet before you are officially a Commodore? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to get out of the trucking business and move back to Tejas and get in the plywood selling game around Ron's neighborhood!! :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see it!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com

tx river rat said:
If it doesnt stop raining I am going to build a lifeboat.
Ron

RAIN.....

Send it over here , I have done everything I can to make it rain , washed the Jeep , polished it , hung clothes out on the clothes line , air out some camping gear , mowed the sand and weeds ..... I have ran out of ideas to make it rain. Even worked on the canoe out in the yard. :evil:

Nothing , not a drop and they say we are not going to get any for quite a while. Ron , your are a Texan , lasso it , tie it off to the back bumper on the jeep and drag it over here. :D

Chuck.
The only green spot is out in the back yard over the underground Yankee swimming pool. :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder

Did you go campin'? [evil grin]

( to dry , Warmish during the day..nice at night , about 60 :D , no water ... to speak of in the Econ... would need roller skates on the bottom of the boat to get anywhere.....we need one of Ron's little , meisley 2 hour 3 or 4 inch rains , minus the wind. Chuck)

Steve

bearridge said:
Did you go campin'? [evil grin]

( to dry , Warmish during the day..nice at night , about 60 :D , no water ... to speak of in the Econ... would need roller skates on the bottom of the boat to get anywhere.....we need one of Ron's little , meisley 2 hour 3 or 4 inch rains , minus the wind. Chuck)

Meself, speakin' as a true Tex-I-Can. . . Chuck, if ya's wan's th' rain, ya's gots ta have some da win' to boot! Ain't a good proper storm wit'out da win'. . . ya's knows dat, Chuck. . . Ibeen kinda hopin' fer a bit o' dat Brazos environmental display to be a-showin' up here in I-DEE-HO so these yuppie Bearridge types ( 8) :twisted: 8) :lol: ) could see what a actual weather type phenomenom really be! (if'n I spelt dat one word rite, me dead momma gonna turn o'er in 'er grave!)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com

My condolences to ya Ma and especially to all of your English teachers from ya past since they did help you .... a LITTLE .... or was it spell check on ya puter. :lol:

If'n ya were not such a nice guy , choke , gasp , hack , snicker , cough , gag and a Tex-I-can ...man could I have some fun. Besides I keep thinking of that one camera , that takes a knowledgeable , normal , thinking , professional person to operate it. Which makes me ask this ..... when did Ron show you how to work it providing there was some film in it or was that just a training secession.
I know it was not Jack who showed ya , he is photographic challenged , in more then one way. :D

Chuck.
Sorry about hiJACKing your post Ron ...but Steve made me do it . :lol:

Steve

Chuck, da trick t' dat dare camera is to remember dey be 2 levers to push on 'n' a dawk slide t' take out afore ya pushes dat dare shutter button :shock: . . . elses ya dun git no pichurs. . . :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:idea: I might consider workin' something out with ya, Chuck, if you'd like to talk about the brother of the one you saw. . . considerin' it be a gennelminly thang. . .bein' ya so admires photography things. . .

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay

Chuck,
You don't know how much I would have liked to send you some rain. For the month we have had 25.12" OF RAIN. About half of that fell in one day. Got about 2 inches of water in my garage/shop/storage place/junk bin. It was a mess. Eleven of my guncases had water in one end. Had to take them out and let them dry. After we got things straightened up we turned 3 big fans on and went to the gunshow. Dryed out fine.

Ron,
Sure hope you get this thread back, it looks interesting. By the way. what was it about. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx

Well here we go again. this boat has had more curves than Marylin had.
I have started this boat 3 times and always stopped because it didnt feel right.I think I have it right now.
It will be based on the cuda 18 a Basically a long asymmetrical Laker 18 ft.
Will have my balanced decks and a few more little tricks.
Plywood is out the window and will build her with white pine and western red cedar .
Be a strip stitch and glue like the Duck
Started cutting strips today,I have a lot going on so this may be a slow build ,but it is started anyway.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
This boat is driving me nutts.
I have a few strips cut but it is just to cold and wet to start guing her up .
Come on summer.
Ron