Clicky

Truck Boat Fishing

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Took the new boat for first trip. Water was falling hard. Boat handled the current and wind very well.

Only caught two small ones.

Second trip I went to the lake and took the fly rod (Joey's influance) but no luck. Caught three bass on the jig. They were in pirogue water. Paddled through and over the weeds to get to the back water. I could not get a bite near the channel or open water.

beekeeper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Everyone wants to go for the trophy size Bass but I prefer the small ones , I think they taste a lot better. :D Besides the trophy size ones are the future of the bass in any lake , take the breeders out and then the fishing will decrease.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Another trip with beesboy and Grandson.

They did all the catching but I enjoyed the adventure. We spent a lot of time draging bottom, going under tees, etc.

Lure retreve. The boy is handy for something.

Another dead end :(

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
I have been working hard to apply ample fish slime to this boat. Can't seem to get enough.
Not too many of these found:

Sights like these helps make it ok.:

Paddling/fishing 2 to 3 times a week has helped me know this boat. An afternoon surprise rain storm taught me it does not leak. :roll: Two inchs of rain water in the boat, and none leaked out. :lol: Stopped raining as I was loading the boat into the truck.

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Kayak Jack said:
Pretty sunset, J.D. (I assume you're too smart to get up before sunrise.) :|
I won't say which one it is, but sometimes in Louisiana during July, Aug., etc. the smart thing to do is to go at sunrise.
Reduces the risk of a heat stroke, and/or being sruck by lightning.

beekeeper