True North Nuts. | SouthernPaddler.com

True North Nuts.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Tried something new and it is quite good.

True North have some nut combinations that are really good. I picked up a bag of the Pecan Almond Peanut Clusters. I located them in the Health Food Section at the local Publix Grocery store.

1.. 100% all natural
2.. No preservatives
3.. No artificial flavors
4.. No added colors
5.. Good source of protein

They come in a resealable bag so you can get a handful and close the bag keeping any moisture out of it. Thinking about paddling and having them along for a snack like you would do with trail mix.

www.truenorthnuts.com

Chuck.

nobucks

From the subject line, I had thought that you were talking about us Yoopers.

Thanks for the review. I like eating peanuts or almonds for trail protein. I'm not much of a trail mix kind of guy.

One for the java junkies, I also like to keep a small plastic coffee can filled with 1/2 pound of M&M's and a 1/2 pound of dark coffee beans. The dark beans are good because they're roasted to the point that they're very brittle with a high caffeine content and the chocolate candy takes the bitter edge off of the beans. Heart patients should probably avoid this one.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
nobucks said:
From the subject line, I had thought that you were talking about us Yoopers.

With a very puzzled look on my face .....There is a difference between the two ???????

:lol: :lol: :lol: Chuck.

Ms Jean ( Jean S. Spangenberg , Adventure Foods ) and the author of The Bakepackers Companion , recipe book has this for the mix in her Fruit and nut bread for out camping. The bread is cooked in the Bakepacker Cooker.

I use the mix as a snack , in snack sized Zip Locks when camping. About one cup of the mix in each Zip Lock.
It makes a lot of the mix.

1 cup raisin , seedless
20 each dried apricot halves
1 cup dried pineapple chunks
1 cup dehydrated bananas
1 cup dried papaya chunks
1 cup whole roasted filberts , unsalted
1 cup whole almonds , unsalted
1 cup English walnut haves , unsalted
1 cup pecan , unsalted
1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds , unsalted.

Mix all of them together and store in a air tight container.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Dried Fruits and Nuts

Sounds like a title for a forum. One populated by geezers and GIT's (Geezers in Training). Ones who tell tales and specialize in deeds of daring do.

Naw, too trivial. It would never work.