Twice Baked Potatoes | SouthernPaddler.com

Twice Baked Potatoes

islandpiper

I am writing this up for my college daughter, so I may as well post it here too.

Start with a good russet potato, scrubbed and stabbed a time or two. I usually bake them in the oven, but the micro will do. Oven baking toughens up the skin a little and that is good.

When they are done, cut an oval of skin off the top, and scrape the insides into a bowl. try to get as much as possible. Set the shells aside.

Mash up the cooked potato with some milk or cream, butter, salt and pepper, onion flakes and a nice handful of grated cheese. You want a mixture that can be spooned easily and tastes good. So, taste it.

Spoon back into the shells and mound up nice and pretty. Give the tops a shake of paprika.

These can go back into the fridge and you can hold them a day. Or make and bunch and freeze them. When you want to serve, pop them back into the oven till they are about red hot in the middle and the tops are starting to get golden. Or, microwave till really hot.

Great lunch item for those of us who carry in to work every day.

Enjoy. piper

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Keith,
Gay makes that now and again (not often enough) and they are good. Jack would be hollering for Jarvis to come eat. She just never thought about freezing them. She said thanks.
Bob

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Ah, man - that DOES sound good.

Why is it that all of the really good stuff probably isn't good for you?

Not that that stops me, but still...

George