Twin T's | SouthernPaddler.com

Twin T's

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Friday, I was in the local Home Depot and found some really nice 1/4 Birch ply with very, very few blemishes that I really liked alot so I bought six of them. Put the required stipend in the mail earlier in the week to Matt to cover the build of two of his Touring Pirouge T's.

Well, yesterday I laid out cut out the first panels. It should be pretty interesting to build two of them at once.

Today, I finished off sanding to the lines and getting them traced out for some batch cutting. As I got the edges sanded to the line, Sheena sanded out the pencil lines from the layout.

Right now, I'm taking a short break.

Once I have everything cut, this afternoon, I'm going to use a router with a guided flush trim bit to get them all to the same size and shape. I should be splicing panels tomorrow morning, seeing as I'm a man of leisure for the next couple of weeks.

I've taken a couple of pics so far but will post those later as real progress is made and can be seen.

Now when I did my precut QA yesterday I was 11/16" off on one of the bottom pieces. After I checked and rechecked all the measurements, I decided to leave it alone until I got it all stitched together. I can make whatever adjustments I need to at that time. All other measurements checked out exactloy, so I am not all that worried about it.

I also have several empty silicone tubes cleaned and ready to fill with my wood flour mix when I am ready to tack it all up. I figure the tubes in a gun will be a much easier way of applying it when I get to that and the fillets.

Well, one thing is for sure...I really am glad I'm working out in upper 70's temperatures instead of the wet cold stuff we've had the past few weeks. Great weather for building right now.

Steve

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
As the one commercial liked to remind us........ Double your pleasure , Double your fun.

It will really be doubled when both boats are on the water and having fun , not sure about the paddlers but the fun might be contagious. :roll:

It looks to me that a lot of minds are thinking alike , you are not the only folks building boats ... 2 at a time. Or should I say building good times and memories at the same time.
Thanks to Matt's ability of designing great boats for our pleasure , I know I sure enjoy mine and I think he ( Matt , www.jemwatercraft.com/ ) has as much fun as we do watching & helping us. :D

One of these days we will have to make sure Matt has as much fun on the water as we do. 1st we have to get him away from his computer and boat designing web page , but only for a short time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Yeah, true...but this gave her something to do while I got the edges right. 8) Hey I ain't gonna be the only one working, if I can help it...... :roll:

:lol: :lol: