Two nights on Lake Verret | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Two nights on Lake Verret

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Lee, the closeup of me holding the fish is the same fish as the previous picture. You are seeing the top of his back which is a lot darker than the sides. He had been out of the water for a while when I took the second picture-- that could explain the darker color.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend keith,

Yer rite. Hiz shirt caught my eye. I begun ta wonder if wuz a Knight Templar 'n plum missed that stylish hat. I imagined that he pulled up hiz chair ta a Beowulf table 'n carved up some animal parts.

Ya'll make mead down there? My brother got purty good at makin' it, but hiz big dog kept helpin' hizownself ta the big cook pot settin' in the bath tub while it aged. I dont like ta drink after no dog......'n sho dont aim ta let a gator have hiz way with me.

regards
bearridge

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.  Oscar Wilde

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Keith, that shell point is directly across the lake from Shell Beach ( where all the camps are). When I was bowfishing regular, this point was where the gars would come to spawn. It's an awesome sight to see a 5' female gar surrounded by four 5' males splashing and carrying on in 10" of water. 8)

The hat is my $8.00 Wal Mart buddy. Been through some good times together. Wore it for years with the front edges curled up like the old cowboys. Clearance for the bowstring, don't ya know. Most people don't know that's why Robin Hood wore that funny pointed cap. :)

The shirt is a freebie in celebration of the Bicentennial of Donaldsonville, right down the road from me.

Now would y'all like to see a pichur of my britches too? :lol: :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I paid $1.50 fer that straw hat in the last pichur I posted. I wore it on the river the first day. I peeled out 'n aimed ta look downstream, over my shoulder ta see the eddy I aimed ta catch. All I seen wuz straw hat. After that I had ta tilt it forward.

That wuz my worst hat since that time Dave got the tall, black witch hats frum the college. He got 6-7 of 'em. It wuz a busy May day 'n more'n a few folks at the put in figgered it wuz a put on. I miss them days....'n that time Dave tied Herschel the CPR dummy in the front of hiz canoe. I caint recall the last time I seen anyone in a pair of overalls. :cry:

regards
bearridge

ps I'm with our Jap pal on yer drawers. :mrgreen:

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is the American Branch of a society which originated in England... (and) ...believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years, and was permitted in the early 1960's to examine its papers and secret records. … I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known. Carroll Quigley