Two paddl'n Geezers... | SouthernPaddler.com

Two paddl'n Geezers...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
So Chuckles and Swampy are on a paddl'n trip and cruising down a slow and easy river. They see a spot to pull over the boats and have some lunch and a break. They beach the boats and are relaxing with lunch and look up a large hill. Swampy says...."After lunch, lets take a walk up that hill and have a look at the river from above." Chuckles agrees and short time later they are walking up the hill. They look and see a large hole in the ground. It is so deep. they can't see the bottom, just a black hole. Chuck says. "I'll drop this stone down the hole Swampy and maybe we can judge how deep it is by listening how long it takes before it hits bottom." Chuck drops the stone and they listen for what seems like an eternity and never hear it hit bottom. Swampy figures it's because the stone is too small to hear, so our two geezer hero's get a much larger rock and drop it down the dark hole in the ground. They listen and listen and still don't hear it hit the bottom. Chuck sees a railroad tie left from years before when a RR followed the river bottom. He recruits Swampy to help him drop it down the abyss. As soon as they drop the tie, they hear a very fast running animal towards them and jump to get out of the way before it hits them and knocks them into the hole. It turns out to be a goat running as fast as it's legs can go and it jumps right into the hole! :shock: :shock: Swampy says, "my gosh Chuck! Did You see that????" Chuck says I've never seen anything like that in my entire life! :shock: About that time a farmer comes walking up the hill and asks the two...."Have you two fellers seen a goat around these parts?" Swampy and Chuck tell the farmer about the incredible thing they saw about the goat running and jumping down the dark hole.

The farmer says, "Well it can't be my goat.....my goat was tied to a railroad tie." :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
hehehe
I have to say Chuck that our boy already needs a trip on the waters... have to be up nawth since we have all those deep holes down here ... .

Anyone knows I ain't about to heave no railroad tie anywheres ... let alone feed it down a hole ... I waz suspicious of the story frum the start :shock:

swampy 8)