uncle | SouthernPaddler.com

uncle

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
had one of my uncles (dads oldest living brother) pass this week. he was 97 would have been 98 this june. i guess he would have made it a little awhile longer but he had fell & broke his hip a couple of weeks ago . i believe phemonia set in & took him out. up till then he still drove his tractor & vehicles around his farm. i hope i make it that long but i dought it. he gone on to a better place now though.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
sorry about your uncle

i lost my favorite uncle about 5 years ago - he was just a few months shy of his 90th birthday

he was hauling logs out of the woods so he could split firewood for the grandkids when his tractor flipped - broke a few ribs, tore off his ear, other misc. injuries. Once he was down he never really got his strength back.

I've come to realize that God gave us uncles because uncles would let us do things that our parents would NEVER let us do. If things didn't quite work out, uncles knew the seven greatest words in the world "I won't tell if you won't tell"

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
seedtick said:
<SNIP> I've come to realize that God gave us uncles because uncles would let us do things that our parents would NEVER let us do. If things didn't quite work out, uncles knew the seven greatest words in the world "I won't tell if you won't tell"
HEAR! HEAR! Grandpas, too.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
thanks for all your kind thoughts. my daddy had 14 brothers & sisters in their family if i counted right? there is six left now. :( my uncle was a farmer , harvested turpitine ,growed timber & hunted & fished . he had 300 acreas about two miles from the altamaha river.

i guess the worse thing yu have to worry about when your that age besides cancer,stroke or heart attack is pheamonia. it is tough alone much less wen they break a bone. they don,t usall over it. course if i live to be 80 what can i grumble about. :? :D