W T-V | SouthernPaddler.com

W T-V

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well its back to the darkside,.Got my plans and ordered my supplies today, pick up the wood this week .
Now if ya'll hear a bunch of cussing it will be me working with the epoxy first time.
Ron
There are two other boats that I have been playing with ,the wolf and the suv ,I think I am going to combine everything into this boat. :D :D
Ron

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
tx river rat said:
Well its back to the darkside,.Got my plans and ordered my supplies today, pick up the wood this week .
Now if ya'll hear a bunch of cussing it will be me working with the epoxy first time.
Ron
There are two other boats that I have been playing with ,the wolf and the suv ,I think I am going to combine everything into this boat. :D :D
Ron

Ron

I don't think you're going to have a problem working with Epoxy after working with Poly. So long as you ordered the pumps so you can mix your ratio
correctly. Also, are you going with a slow or medium hardner?

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Joey
Yep this is going to be a different kind of boat.
Clk
The use of the epoxy isnt what will bug me,the drying time between applications will. I am use to poly and can make it do what I want.
I am using a slow hardner ,105 here yesterday.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bluegrasslover said:
What's a W T-V?

Ron's TV ( Pirogue/kayak) but wider then the one he is paddling. It has been in the planning for a while at the request of some folks and Matt has worked up the facts on it now that the river rat has let the cat out of the bag.

Standard one .......
PP.JPG

Wider one......
TPTV15-32PP.JPG

Ron in his on the last trip. (Standard TV) One dang good river boat.
brazo%20011.jpg

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
That was before it blew down the sandbar and broke out the deck where the rod holders were.
:D :D :D
I will have to say my T-V is still the best river boat I own.
Ron
W T-V
Wide touring perow with a V bottom
Mine will have decks so I guess it will a peyak

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
tx river rat said:
That was before it blew down the sandbar and broke out the deck where the rod holders were.
:D :D :D
I will have to say my T-V is still the best river boat I own.
Ron
W T-V
Wide touring perow with a V bottom
Mine will have decks so I guess it will a peyak

Peyak or Kayrogue... ?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Well I made a decision today on the layout of the W T V . Put a boat stretcher on it ,it will be 17 ft 8 inches long .
Ron

You are going to add almost three more feet ( 2 feet 8 inches ) to the overall length. :shock: From past experience it will offer more flotation , space and speed to the craft , anyway it did to a Uncle Johns Pirogue I stretched out to just over 17 feet. David has it and has paddled it on some of our trips. When he wanted to get down river ( with a kayak paddle ) he does scoot along rather briskly and that is with it full of camping gear. :D

All of us had just passed under a log and were starting to paddle again.
David in the 17.
St%20Mary%20March%2004%2054.jpg

The TV is wider ( by 3 inches) then the pirogue which should give you more flotation in the shallows on the Brazos ( That rock garden area we went threw on the Brazos after the campsite )
Ron.. It looks to me like you are going to build a speed boat. :lol: Looking forward to the completed build and the comparison between your river runner and this new one. I'm thinking it would be a good shallow water swamp and river boat over here in this territory , especially stretched out.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Ronnie,
You're headed in right directions. A wooden boat, designed and built the way you want it, and in the configuration of a decked solo. Too bad you can't use wooden dowel welding rods, and weld that sucker together. :lol:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I have a few little quirks that are going to be built into this boat,it is going to be a heck of a rig or a big pile of junk . I will just have to play it bye ear. I can quaranteeeeeeeeeeee it want be a fast build.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
I have a few little quirks that are going to be built into this boat,it is going to be a heck of a rig or a big pile of junk . I will just have to play it bye ear. I can quaranteeeeeeeeeeee it want be a fast build.
Ron

If you are going to do ( What you told me about at the camp on the Brazos River) and I think you plan on doing , it will be a revolution or reevaluation in home crafted boats. Yep, I can see where it will not be a fast build but something when it is done. :D No reason to say anymore ... except stay tuned in and see it when it is water ready. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
PS. I don't want to use the LARGE PRINT like some folks ... No Reason to Shout , besides I have my glasses on. :lol:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Thanks Matt
If I run into problems I will holler.
Chuck yep this is the one for the little gismo we talked about.
Plus a couple more.
Should be interesting.
Ron