Wannabe are you still with us | SouthernPaddler.com

Wannabe are you still with us

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Las time I talked to Bob he was really feeling poorly hope he is doing better. If you read this drop us a note on here Bob
Hope you feeling better
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Hey Ron,

went to see the Dr. Monday and he chuncked my tail in the hospital. Just got back in. Thump me on the head and I'd fall over. That saliva gland on the starboard side of my jaw now has 3 stones it it. ten days to two weeks or so he wants to chop out the gland. I told him to lay me down and do it now, but he said he wanted all the inflamation to be gone when he operates. And yes, I guess this means I have rocks in my head. Still hurts to swallow spit when the pain meds wear off. Pain meds makes things a little too interesting sometimes. Turn the TV on and wonder why the picture is not moving then realize instead of looking at the TV i'm looking at a picture on the wall. Now thats good entertainment.
bob

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Bob,

Bounce back quick. We need a good chuckle ever now 'n then.

regards
bearridge

You may deceive all the people part of the time, and part of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time. Abraham Lincoln

islandpiper

hey bob, i've had a lot of contact with those white-jacket types the last couple of years.......best wishes.

Hey, save up some of thos pain meds......you can trade them for vienna sausages in the right company.

After having a number of surgeries..hmm.....5-6 of them, i have found that about the worst part is trying to pee enough to make Nurse Ratchet happy at the end of the day.......anesthetics put my bladder to sleep for about a day......and the consequences are not to be printed here. so, my advice is take a friend along who can donate for you when then you'll get to go home earlier. NO JOKE.

After this, spit more, give the salivary glads a workout.

Piper

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Piper,
Why not stick one of the meds into a vianne and eat the best of both worlds. I feel sorry for Dad with no forum. I was gone just a few days and really missed it. With what they were putting in me, I'd bet there would be some interesting post. May still be. Got a big bottle of Darvoset or something like that. Never took any of that before. Hopefully I won' need much of it.
Maby I should of just sipped the Scotch like Truthful Jack told me to. Live and learn.
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Let's see......
Rules to live by.
Always listen to Truthful Jack. Beleive everythging he says, especially about Scotch.

Piper is also a great giver of truths. DO NOT TAKE TAKE THE PAIN MEDS> Save them to trade for little cans of winnies. You got the winnies you the winner.
That Darvocet stuff will wierd you out.
went to bed and I could fell stuff or things or something crawling around over my legs, knew there twas nothing there especially after loking a few times. When I closed my eyes faces would morph in and out. ECT. ECT. Got up about 11:00 and started doing crossword puzzles. Clairty was acute. Like an idiot savat standing at the blackboard with a peice of chalk writing fast and furious solving the mathamatical equation for the space time continumin. 2:00 tried to sleep again and it worked. Slept to 8:00. Now I'm about half scared to go look at the crossword puzzles to see if they are right or not.
After last night I have figgured out that in the 60's when I did not particape in the drug movement I came out the winner. Anyone wanting wierd pain meds make sure you bring Veinna sausage.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Bob, I'm with you on the hallucinations. Last March I had pneumonia, and saw some of the neatest wrought iron filigree work over my glass slider. But, then the fever lapsed and the artwork went away.

Years ago, I endoed (end over end over end) a motorcycle onto frozen ground. and ripped loose some ribs. When I finally got home, I crawled into a tub of hot water to loosen me up and comfort me some. I passed out. NEVER in my Lifer - before or since - had I done that.

Pain & sickness affects how our minds work, and the nonsensical seems OK. Weird. sometimes, I even begin to think that I make sense. But then, the curtains close again.