Want to buy a pirogue in TX or La - My long pirogue story | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Want to buy a pirogue in TX or La - My long pirogue story

coachlaw

Dec 21, 2007
Angleton, TX.
Small world

A small world indeed! Gringo, I got your email today and was quite astonished to find someone on here from my very own town. I'll give you a call as soon as I can. Just got done grading today's test and it's too late to call anyone now.

Perhaps if you build something and make some learning mistakes, it's fine, 'cause I'll be interested in it, mistakes and all. It's gotta be cool to have a home right on the bayou. My boat would never see the trailer. I've got a gun show buddy who lives over there.

In the mean time though y'all, if you have something already made that you want to part with, please let me know. Thanks! - Sandy

Gringo Salado

Jan 13, 2008
Angleton, Texas
Ron-
I'll sure take you up on the offer. Your Brazos Queen looks like the ticket. I really dig the spot for the cooler, and all the storage space.

Coachlaw-
Mistakes? :shock:
I'd prefer we call them beauty marks. :lol: Heck, if I mess up too bad we still got firewood, or a real nice planter for the wifey. It's a win/win situation if ya' ask me. Yeah, livin' on the bayou is pretty cool, lived out here so long can't dream of living back in town. Somethin' about being able to walk out and "water" the bushes when I want, shoot a few skeet, shoot the pellet gun with the boy, fish off the pier, put the kayaks in for a paddle, it all just feels right. Not to mention no thugs or gangster wannabes in the neighborhood for the boy to have to deal with.
"Country livin' is the life for me!"
Gringo Salado

coachlaw

Dec 21, 2007
Angleton, TX.
It's been a while

Hey Kurt, I tried that last summer. Placed an ad in BR, Lafayette, New Orleans, and southern Miss. Not one single reply.

On another note, one of my fellow 2coolers contacted me last week that he had read this and he is gung ho on building me one. It's going to cost more than buying a used one, but it will have all the features I want. At first I wanted it to be just like my old one, but he has convinced me that with modern materials, it can be made much stronger and lighter.

I'll keep everyone updated as it comes along! Thanks - Coach

FrankAS

May 2, 2017
Ocala National Forest
Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks Piper, I did apologize for the length ahead of time. I have a problem when I sit in front of a keyboard. Things just flow. I realize it's laborious for others to read sometimes. I just can't stop myself.

Like I said, I don't need anything new. I'd prefer a well used one in fact. I don't have a timeline really. Easter would be great, or summer time when I'll be spending a lot of time in Louisiana with the family.

I'm a geezer in training. Coaching has given me a lot of gray hairs :shock: - Sandy
I enjoyed reading it very much, I'm 68 does that qualify as a geezer or just an apprentice geezer?