Which boat do you like? Well.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Which boat do you like? Well....

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
this is one of my favorite small boats for sure. All the talk about skiffs I thought I would add some shots of my own which i took while on my trip across the country the past few weeks. This boat is a 12 footer with an 8 hp two stroke yamaha outboard. The shape allows for an incredible reserve bouyancy when asked to perform and just plain handles super when loaded with folks too. You can see a variety of sea conditions and the amount of free board even when loaded with 400 lbs of beef not withstanding all the provisions such as the safety gear, seats and a three gallon fuel tank on board.

This is the results. We did donuts and ran the boat on plane and idled which shows the freeboard even when loaded in this little guy. Its really dry even in the extreme cases and I can stand up in it too for casting for fish with no issues either.
DSC07095.jpg

DSC07097.jpg

DSC07094.jpg

DSC07098.jpg

DSC07085.jpg

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Thanks, its a nice change from some of the so called manufactured small boats that you can only sit down and pray in weather other than slick calm or protected creeks. I need to go across open stuff to get to the goods! I am still viewing the plank pictures too. 8) If I was a rich man,,,,,,,