Which one | SouthernPaddler.com

Which one

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The kayak paddle is wood and also the canoe paddles that I use a lot. They are strictly for paddling and nothing else.

I do take a plastic blade and aluminum handle ( Mohawk ) bent shaft canoe paddle along. It doubles as a spare and as a shovel in the sand , fire putter out ( shoveling sand on the fire). A boat anchor , Stuck in the sand with a the bow line tied off to it as an anchor. Even have used it to level off a camping spot on a sand bar for the tent. Buried it part way in the sand on one trip to tie a tarp off to it.

I need to say it is indestructible and can do things that a wood paddle would never dream of doing , and last. :lol:

Chuck.

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Both Kayak and canoe paddle. Kayak one is made of grafite makes it light and durable. Canoe paddle is aluminium. It is durable and can be use as chuck said for a utility piece if needed,
Joe

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Ron,

I use a kayak paddle in my kayak 'n a canoe paddle in my canoe. I got a Perception break down double blader. I had some reglar plastic single blades which I used fer over 15 years, then I bought a high dollar light weight single blade. Like most of the fine things (Yakima rack), I wish I had got one a long time ago.

I have one of Homer King's Silver Creek double bladers. I got it mainly jest ta own one of hiz paddles. I pass by Homer's shop 3-4 dozen times a year 'n I seen the beauty of hiz craft til the composite paddler companies put him outta bizness. Hiz wood paddles dont weigh much 'n look mitey fine, but cost more'n the composite, factory made.

2343900450053343242S600x600Q85.jpg

regards
bearridge

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others. Aristotle

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I use a Werner Kalliste kayak paddle for both canoe and kayak. Katie uses one of Joel's wooden kayak paddles. (She's young and strong, and I won't let her hold a graphite paddle until she can afford one.)

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I'm back-- dont' ask. :? I use a Carlisle CavPro kayak paddle in my pirogue. I carry a homemade cypress canoe paddle as a back up. I've been is the swamp in less than 3" of water, open lakes, tiny, twisty sloughs hardly wider than the boat and the kayak paddle handled it all. Don't see myself going back to a canoe paddle anytime soon. As a plus, fishing from the pirogue, I lay the kayak paddle across my lap and can paddle on either side with one hand and not have to put down the rod. Handy.

Joey