Why Should a Person build a Wood Boat | SouthernPaddler.com

Why Should a Person build a Wood Boat

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Folks ... A certain web site asked us to wright this up and then refused to put it on the web site ... That refusal back in 2002 caused us to be here in 2003. The rest is history.
Why should a person build a wood boat ?

If you could enjoy sleek, lightweight, beautiful canoe or sea kayak that costs well under $1,000, you can build it for yourself. What will it require from you ? A little time, effort a working area, and some simple tools. Skill/ Well a little. TANSTAAFL “there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.â€

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Chuck,

This is the first time I have read this post in its entirety. Bloody good read BTW. and sums things up very nicely for me too.

Would you mind if I borrowed your post and put it somewhere else please.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
hairymick said:
Chuck,

This is the first time I have read this post in its entirety. Bllod good read BTW. and sums things up very nicely for me too.

Would you mind if I borrowed your post and put it somewhere else please.

Mick .....
Jack was the real author ( he did all the hard work correcting what Andrew and I wrote) and Editor and as far as you using it ... By our guest. The one reason it was written was to get the word out about building wood boats.

As I said .. when those other bum's would not publish it , after they asked us to do it , then this web site was created to spread the word. :D

I will let you in on a little secret........ If you promise not to tell anyone.
When this web site was set up Jack and I agreed (yep , you read it right ) we agreed to disagree when possible , the Pro is not worth anything without the Con , this way a person can decide which is best for them. There is always two sides to a coin.:D

How boring would it be if everyone agreed on everything and what could or would anyone learn :?:

Chuck.
PS. Grits forever. :lol: