Wind rain snow sleet tornados single digit temps | SouthernPaddler.com

Wind rain snow sleet tornados single digit temps

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
If there was ever a trip that let me test the limits of my SD the last three weeks would be it.
Started below Waco ,first night Tyler state park great weather just windy ,Miss the next night as we pulled of the highway going to the campground I heard a siren,thought it was a cop pulling me over but no cop. We got to the campground found out a tornado was within 2 miles of us then the bottom fell out ,several inches of rain and high winds.
Drove up the trace to Nashville windy spitting snow and sleet ,temps dropped into the single didits,temps below freezing all week,we pulled out for TX the morning of another bad storm but rain through it and stayed ahead of it back home .
TEXAS never looked any better to me!!!!

The Casita preformed great ,no leaks boondocked a couple niight in the teens and a buddy heater kept us warm and snug, single didits we had hookups and a small ceramic heater kept us toasty,another night we used the heat strips and they kept us snug ( little trick that works for a fast warm up with the heat strips) turn on your stove top burners for a few minutes ,this circulates through the heat strips and has the trailer toasty in no time.
Had 2 problems , freezer froze some food and one window wouldn,t stay locked rolling down the road
The Casita to a licking but kept on ticking
Ron

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
tr sounds like you had an interesting trip. yep it has been some crazy weather lately. 63 here one day in the 20ths the next. :shock:

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
O.K. Let me see if I have this right. If you go camping with Chuck it rains. If you go camping with Ron you get high winds and tornadoes. Jack has that loud Lynx at night. You Guys are dangerous. :wink:
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ron should of been feeling at home with that Tornado since the last camping trip I had with him we had one come past our camp the last night. Ron said something about it just being a slight Texas breeze to keep the bugs away from us. :roll:

hairymick01

G'day Ron,

Sounds like an interesting trip mate' Evie and I are still on ours. Temps here have been bipolar to say the least. 45c (113f) near Inverell last week to about 8c (46f) ((which is bloody cold for us)) here at Armidale this morning.

We are just loving this retirement caper with our extended road trips with no particular destination or time to get there. We think we'll head down the mountains a bit next week, take in some of the gorges, white water rivers and water falls etc Will start a trip report shortly.