Winds Aloft | SouthernPaddler.com

Winds Aloft

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I just saw something that was fairly rare. Cirrus clouds (a high altitude, ice crystalline cloud presaging good weather) were riding UNDERNEATH cumulus clouds. That reversal is the first time I remember ever seeing this condition.

The layers were separated by at least a few thousand feet, maybe a mile or two. The lower flying cirrus were heading easterly, and the higher riding cumulus were heading westerly.

If you've ever seen a "winds aloft" report, you already know about vagaries of winds at different altitudes. Here, a wind shear was in effect - and visible.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
I just saw something that was fairly rare. Cirrus clouds (a high altitude, ice crystalline cloud presaging good weather) were riding UNDERNEATH cumulus clouds. That reversal is the first time I remember ever seeing this condition.

Since your memory is like a steal trap (rusted shut) :lol: do you remember when this happen the last time.

123456; Trivia
On Wednesday, (04-05-06) at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00
in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

That won't ever happen again for a thousand years.
You may now return to your (normal ?) life.

Chuck.
Lordy , Lordy .. I do enjoy picking on Kayak Jack.... How about you guy's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Master of Flow Bizness,

The wind here haz been whippin' hard like that time in third grade when the teacher got after me 'n Alden fer tellin' Orville we'd give him a quarter ta jump the sewage ditch. Before it wuz over me'n Alden wuz hurtin' inside 'n out. She also made us give him the quarter even tho Orv only made it halfway.

Nowadays I git on the sorry folk who pull in where the cripple folk are supposed ta park.

regards,
bearridge
bodine reform school

I ain't like that no more. I ain't the same, Ned. Claudia, she straightened me up, cleared me of drinkin' whiskey and all. Just cuz we're goin' on this killing, that don't mean I'm gonna go back ta bein' the way I wuz. I jest need the money, git a new start fer them youngsters. Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth ‘n his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about him now and again. He didn't do anything to deserve to get shot, at least nothin' I could remember when I sobered up. William Munny