Wondering who is still alive! | SouthernPaddler.com

Wondering who is still alive!

hairyone

May 19, 2021
Hervey Bay , Qld. Australia
I'm still here. Been an "interesting" few years for me. Like chuck, back and forth from the docs seems to be my main activity these days, tho I still try to get down in the shed most days turning wood into sawdust. Haven't built a boat in a while but feeling the need a bit now. Probly something like a sailing outrigger canoe would be nice.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
On the next camping trip on bikes, I plan to grill pork chops on the little charcoal grill, and top them with sauerkraut and caraway seeds.
However, I’m currently marinating chicken breasts in dill pickle vinegar. That will fry up interestingly for supper.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A few guys that you might recall. I was on the trip, Bud Hart, Charlie Parmelee, Kevin King, Greg Shannon. The others are newer.

We launched at Penrod’s in Grayling. Some took out at 4001 bridge just below Gabions Campground, the one with the large stones all bundled up in wire fencing. Others went all the way to Alcona County Park next to Alcona dam, where we traditionally take out.

I’m sure you recall landing at Alcona. We had waves cris-crossing one year there, giving me a bit of a problem. Katie was bouncing around in the bow, giving me more problems. And you stood on shore - cheering her on!

Katie is now a 20 year old young lady, working her way through college. She wants to be called by her name, Kayla. My nickname of Katie no longer stands. sigh

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Can't be! Katie is six or seven and full of wonder at seeing critters like the turtle in the woods. I remarried and my newly acquired nephew worked at the Alcona park at the time. We camped out there two times for a couple of weeks.