Woodland Caribou Provinvial Park | SouthernPaddler.com

Woodland Caribou Provinvial Park

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Hoz, my computer or the links here get "lost". Luck has it I found it today while looking for another post.
This sounds like a great place to paddle as Ontario has many.
Thanks for the post.
I like the Canadian Canoe Route at www.myccr.com also. Signed in to post there this week. Known as "swampy" there also.
This is more west than where the crew is headed this fall .
Thanks again !
swampy

hoz

Jan 24, 2004
Indiana
myccr and WCPP

I am headed back to WCPP this summer, a small portion of it anyway. In July we fly into Artery Lake, just east of the Ontario/Manitoba border and paddle out 12 days via the Bloodvein River. It is rated CIII and up with over 85 sets of rapids. Should be an excellent trip.

If you ever tire of BWCAW/Quetico WCPP is the next logical step. It is alot like BWCAW was 25 years ago. No crowds, no confusing permit system. Plenty of firewood, Great Fishing!

I ahve been posting on myccr for the past 5 years. It was Ontraio Canoe Routes first, and Richard decided to expand it to cover all of Canada. Lots of good information, education and inspiration on that board. One thing you will notice after you look around, they are mostly Canadians, and they take their canoeing seriously...

hoz

Jan 24, 2004
Indiana
BTW Que1

BTW Swampy, que1 is the assistant park superintendent of WCPP. She is a freat resourse and a fine canoeist herself. Claire Quenzence (sic) is her name and if you ever head up to WCPP be sure to contact her.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I think the capability of all of us to palaver across the electronic miles is nothing short of stupendous. We can swap stories and information that would otherwise be either difficult or impossible to get.

I'm sure glad I took that Tuesday afternoon off to invent computers and the World Wide Web. The next day, I invented gritz. Bad day at Black Rock.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Jack is actually Mr Gore!!!! :shock:

I thought Gore invented the internet.... he said he did.... what a shock!
At my young age ! :?

Jack, I know yer tellin one there..... you touch gritz?! the very thought of that... :shock:

swampy

A

Anonymous

Friend Kayak Jack,

Its true that its some stuff here ya likely wont find on them other forums. I seen one 'er two things that iz downrite strange. [I aint talkin' bout how ya'll members kin make yer posts go "poof" 'er jump round 'n end up on a new thread.]

Brier Bear Segue..........................

But its anuther thing too. I seen rite off how its plum different meetin' up with folks on a computin' machine stead of in person. [You little pardners be careful cuz its some folks on Mister Kayak Jacks web iz jest plain evil.]

I met Ozark Tom a few years ago. It wuz swell meetin' up with him 'n Marty 'n Hector 'n some more airgun addicts in person. They wuz jest az nice az they wuz on the computin' machine. [Miz Winnie wuz a mitey fine woman too.]

Its kinda like a book where ya gotta figger folks out jest frum the writin'.

Aint no body talk. Caint tell if a fella wears fancy clothes with them little pichurs sewed on. Caint tell what kinda car they drive 'er what they house looks like.....less they put up a pichur. Caint tell zackly what they do ta keep that roof over their heads 'n them three squares on the table.

Some a ya'll met up with some other members. Some dont know nobody cept frum typin' on the computin' machine.

One day this week oldtimer 'n the Not-So-Evil Princess come over ta pick up that OCA I tole him he kin use til a bluebird lands on hiz shoulder agin. They come by 'n danged if he warnt jest like hiz words. He looked kinda like Waylon Jennings.

Miz Bear had ta stay inside. [Naw, it warnt cuz I had her tied up out back agin.] Ole Roscoe Brown frum Arkansaw went crazy az the Tree.....opps....I mean he wuz actin' mitey strange cuz Miz Bear brung home this new kitty (Tensing Norgay) 'n Roscoe wuz growlin', hissin' 'n generally misbehavin'. Wouldnt eat 'er take a dump neither.

Turns out oldtimer ('n the Not-So-Evil Princess) knowd a heap bout cats. I never cared fer cats til I joined up with Miz Bear back in '94. [They dont sell no degrees on cats over ta the Bodine School.]

So ya see? Loan a southernpaddler a boat 'n good advizin' comes yer way rite off the bat.....even if ya aint no member.

When oldtimer got home 'n washed bout 3-4 years a pecan drippin' off her, he seen she wuz bout the most beat up canoe they iz. I figger he got kinda nervous cuz next thing he wants ta put glue 'n high dollar patchin' on the cracks. Duct tape likely will work fine, but I bet he jest dont want the Not-So-Evil Princess mad at him. :wink:

I reckon he better not git her wet. I dont figger she iz a injun like Miz Bear, but I bet she kin land a few herownself. :mrgreen:

regards,

bearridge
bodine school
huck finn award

P.S. Oldtimer dont look like Waylon when he wuz a young outlaw. I bet its a heap of us look like "wore out ole rangers".....besides me'n Swampy. :mrgreen:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear

We are all beautiful ..... but in our own way. Now Swampy & Jack, hell I have seen swampy ( the Doctor told me I would get over that in about a year or two with a lot of medication and luck :lol: ) but Jack is still a mystery, won't even post a picture of his self on this forum unless he is behind something ........ or was that his ......no way ......could not be, not that ........this is a family forum.

I will take a picture of that sucker in September ..... then after I get a new camera to replace that one I will post a picture of him on here. I have a life goal to do, a quest, determination, obsession, by George it will get done ....Full steam ahead and dammed the yakey kayaks......I think.

When I get that picture inorder to cover the cost of the broken cameras it will be posted on a pay per view and you will have to be over 36 to see it.
Just doubling the legal age to protect the innocent.
Chuck.

Oldtimer

Jan 21, 2004
Mis'sipy Delta--Temporarily
Bearridge,

Dadgummit, them cracks ain't got me nervous an' Ol' Blue ain't
bout the most beat up canoe they iz.
She's got CHARACTER writ all over her. Them lines in her face is tellin' lies like ol' Stan Rogers wrote about that country lady up ta Canady in a mighty purty song. I just got this thing about "restorin'" stuff and hate ta see things just throwed away out under th' tress outta sight 'cuz they's ol' 'n done they job hard 'n well 'n 'cause they ain't got that "new car" smell no more. 'Course I wouldn't know nuthin' 'bout gettin' ol' and sent to th' back forty. :lol:

She's a fine ol' girl and deserves some attention but I figger hit's gonna hafta be some new duct tape 'til better weather. She'll carry on with that tape just like she did with all that white water 'n all them rocks that tried ta do her in. Thowin' out er neglectin' good things cuz they's ol' is kinda like some ol' fool lustin' after a young woman--they's mighty purty 'n pert 'n gravity ain't displaced nuthin' yet but after ya run th' first river and shoot thru th' first expanse a white water, ya just can't sit on th' bank 'n enjoy jus' bein' there with 'em and ya cain't find nuthin' ta talk to 'em about. :oops: Less'n, a course, ya learnt about pow'r shoppin', punk, heavy metal, th' pogo, 'n them strange, New Age "spiritual" concepts over ta th' Bodine School fer Whatever's Required.

Now, I know ya can't ride a ol' horse over th' mountains and across th' desert in one trip but I figger me 'n that ol' girl gonna do some shinin' backwater explorin' 'n fish-dinner makin' when times gets better--duct tape 'n all. At my age ya learn ta respect yer elders 'n maybe they won't bless ya with one a them Neil Diamond "Coldwater Mornin's" cuz ya make one little, teensy-weensy mistake--leastwise I'm hopin'. Unlike sum ol' wampus cats with knots still in they tails what refuse ta acknowledege their "seniority" in life, th' only white water I wanna see comes outta a ol' crock jug with a corn cob stopple. :wink: Thas whut me'n Ol' Blue gonna be explorin' fer--a good, ol' time still in them back waters whur th' sheriff can't get in his new autymobile with th' automatic donut maker an' espresso coffe machine built in. Jes' hope we don't run across none a them fellers growin' wackyweed 'n distillin' designer dope out in them lost places--I'll jes hafta carry two xtry clips fer th' .45 ta get shed a that worry. :wink:

Oldtimer

Oldtimer

Jan 21, 2004
Mis'sipy Delta--Temporarily
Chuck,

I won't say yer heart' not in th' right place--although it jus might NOT be since all that overhaulin' by them Bodine Medikal School fellers. :? It does seem, however, that ya got one a them "obsessive/compulsive" personality glitches. With yer photographic goals plainly stated, in writin' no less, yer livin' proof of "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do." However, keep in mind that sometimes jest th' doin' of it is th' reward an' not tha product--jest thinkin' about that PPV concept to recoup losses...... :lol:

Oldtimer

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Photo

Swampus Photographicus has my picture. He can post it, then you guys can copy it off. Set it up around your basement - or camp - and pesky critters just naturally stray off and don't return. Set it up by your front door and bugglers will stay away too. Cause when bad guys see my picture - they wet their pants.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Jack, I was gonna have some fun in this, but you've gone and gave permision... I recon.... he he who cares huh??? lol :lol:

Here is the grand dude of rude, his excellency from on high, the master of the syntax, the whipper of prose, the guy who causes bad guys to pee..?! ok make your own minds up. 8)

937-1.jpg

from the files of swampy into cyberspace's history...
( I think this has kept trojans and worms from my computer... he he he )

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
I liked it..... :lol:

Shows Jack as a man of unquestionable quality. 8)

A slave to fashion.... :roll:

Empeckable taste..... 8)

(remember, this is the guy whos gonna make super one night in camp....)

Yer obediant servant....
swampy :wink:

A

Anonymous

Oldtimer said:
only white water I wanna see comes outta a ol' crock jug with a corn cob stopple. :wink: Thas whut me'n Ol' Blue gonna be explorin' fer--a good, ol' time still in them back waters whur th' sheriff can't get in his new autymobile with th' automatic donut maker an' espresso coffe machine built in. Jes' hope we don't run across none a them fellers growin' wackyweed 'n distillin' designer dope out in them lost places--I'll jes hafta carry two xtry clips fer th' .45 ta get shed a that worry. :wink:

Friend oldtimer,

Fellas that set out lookin' fer anuther fellas copper coil dont last too long round here, but I reckon ya knowd that. :mrgreen:

I seen our High Sheriff in them pichurs with all that wacky weed they found over ta the Sunflower River, so ya likely oughta tote that .45 'n keep a look out too. I hope ya never have no need fer it, but if one come upon ya 'n ya aint got it handy, it aint no amount a money ya wouldnt pay fer it. :cry:

Shine 'n reefer dont trouble me too much, but that redneck cocaine does. I dont think Hank done it that a way. :wink:

regards 'n good fishin'/explorin',

bearridge
"keep the water under the boat" [paddlin' geezer motto]

P.S. Aint that a fine tie on Ole Kayak Jack. I reckon thats what keeps him lookin' like a young fella. Wonder if he got it off Meriwether 'er Will? :mrgreen:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Drool n slobber, you ugly runts. There has to be at least ONE fella aboard who's stunningly handsome. I'm the stuckee.

The evening this picture was taken, I'd just raised three Brothers to the sublime degree of a Master Mason. Was a good evening.

Swampus Vittleus, I'll indeed cook up a supper one evening, probably Itallian spaghetti. I'm going to have popcorn for evening snacks, will you pump the bicycle-generator to run the microwave?

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
oh yea! sure! right! OK! ummmhmm ! Got Ya!

Hey gang! Looks like pop corn is out! :lol:

somewhere deep down inside of me I have this thought that he's got a generator coming with us...... :shock:

swampy