Work in Progress! | SouthernPaddler.com

Work in Progress!

kee41

Jul 25, 2005
Mary Esther Florida
Well, not finished yet but ready to start glassing!
pirogue_1.jpg

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
Work In Progress

Looks like a fine boat you got going there.Just curious as to the length you made it.Also would like to know what the final weight is when you complete it.Keep postin the pics.
tioga

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Kelvin,

Fine boat/coffin. Everbody knows I aim ta be burnt ta a crisp 'n scattered on all my favorite spots, but if I aimed ta be planted, that boat would do me jest fine.

respectfully,
bearridge
bodine funeral home

I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell. Harry S Truman

kee41

Jul 25, 2005
Mary Esther Florida
I think the final weight will be around 60 lbs...... It's at 48 right now and we will see what the fiberglass will add. Either way, she will float ( I hope!) We are real proud of this boat and the neighbors are driving us nuts wanting to look at her.......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
kee41

Ya done good and I know you will be proud of it when you get it wet. "O" by the way when it is on your vehicle ... look out .... Folks will point at it , touch it and ask a lot of questions. :D

Chuck
PS.. Us Florida boy's are showing them Yankees ( Kayak Jack or anyone north of Georgia ) that we can build boats. :wink:

JEM

Fear not...Jumpin' Jack and son Eric will have something to work on shortly.

That's a mighty fine lookin' boat! :D

Your back with be nice and straight because of the pride you'll have when paddling it...you'll be sitting with your held as high as you can.

Then you'll start itching to build the next one. :wink:

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
oldsparkey said:
kee41

PS.. Us Florida boy's are showing them Yankees ( Kayak Jack or anyone north of Georgia ) that we can build boats. :wink:

I strongly resemble that remark - I thougt you were a freindly type,going to have to find my Voodoo Doll making kit

tioga- above Georgia

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
tioga,
For that Voo-doo doll; you want bamboo splinters or needles? The FedEx driver is waiting to take the package :twisted: ...

You would think Sparkey remembered what Grant did last time... after all he was an eyewitness :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
BEARS BUDDY said:
You would think Sparkey remembered what Grant did last time... after all he was an eyewitness :lol:
Friend Gerry,

The High Sheriff wuz mitey confabergasted that time cuz he mistook Ulysses fer Truthful Jack come down fer ham 'n grits. The general bein' fulla single malt 'n smokin' a cigar, it wuz eazy ta see how that happened. :mrgreen:

regards,
bearridge
bodine historikle society

It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge. unknown

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Guy's

The three of us ...... Me ... Myself and I ..... think that kee41 has done a great job on his pirogue and when it is done will be one beautiful pirogue and I am looking forward to seeing it when it is compleated. :D

It is better looking then a big bowl of hot steaming grits with several pats of butter sitting on top just melting away and looking for those sunnyside eggs to placed as a blanket over them for some personal enjoyment on a cold winter morning out camping while sipping on a cup of hot coffee. That my friends is somthing to look at , drool about and enjoy.
But you have to be a southerner to enjoy that thought. :oops:

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
personal enjoyment on a cold winter morning out camping while sipping on a cup of hot coffee.
Friend Ole Sparkey,

Iz that true fer Swampy's java? I liked it cuz it sandblasted the plaque rite off my teeth. :mrgreen:

regards,
bearridge
bodine culinary institute

Jesus was a Jew, yes, but only on his mother's side. Archie Bunker