Worried about a ding ? | SouthernPaddler.com

Worried about a ding ?

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
Dings in self made boats are not a big problem. They can be fixed. I put a ding in one of my canoes and will repair it. I have added a couple of pics and will add the end result.

The canoe was fine however the bow was almost square. It tracked like it was on a rope but, was difficult to turn. SO

canoemod-1.jpg

canoemod-

canoemod-
canoemod-4.jpg

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
:shock: Wow! You, my friend , have nerves of steel. Gives me the willies and it's not my boat!

I'm interested to see how it comes out.

Joey

islandpiper

Somehow the clean, orderly, nearly sterile environment you have chosen to work in would squash my creativity when it comes to a job like this. If I was working in that shop I leave some stuff in the way, lower the lighting a little and have more tools and things out where we'd have to step over them. :D

(If you saw my shop you'd understand...)

piper

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
C

I've been working at filling in the hole. The temps here have been in the freezing range so I haven't really had the desire to go to the shop since a heater is not in the budget.

Just as a guess. When finished, the bow will be about 1/2 inch wider than original and it will flatten out a bit sooner than it used to.

It will however float and ride up and over logs rather than slamming into them and stopping.