yesterdays fishing trip | SouthernPaddler.com

yesterdays fishing trip

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yesterday me and wife went to our hunting club and put in on river. caught 6 or 8 nice specs and a couple of cats. we had already planned on cooking some while they were fresh. so I took all the necessities meal, oil, season fry pan (cast iron) water ,chairs Coleman stove ,generator. I cleaned two nice specs and one cat and commenced to cook them on the tail gate of truck. ky jack couldn't forget the grits. wife is still saying how good they were. I guess just something about cooking them fresh on the tail gate. :?: :D

had a nice fellow on river give us a few more so the nice fellow I am shared them with two other folks. don't know if you geezers have tried this kind of cooking oil for fish and I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first. I have used it for stir fries and things but not for frying fish. ( olive oil) wife brought it instead of regular cooking oil but I have to admit it was good.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Fresh fish is much better than the other kind.

Olive oil is the only kind I ever buy. But, for deep fat fryers, where the tempersture is high, I understand that peanut oil has a higher smoke point.