Young paddler | SouthernPaddler.com

Young paddler

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
This little gal is a friend of mines daughter,
Four of us went on a short day trip ,Seashell the little gals nic was trying out her new boat,Kim her dad and a friend Gerald Kennedy the boat builder.
I would say she likes and is comfortable in her new boat It is a 11 ft piroque with a stripper deck. The four of uss paddled about nine miles
and had a blast cooked some steaks on a sand bar and played in the wooden boats
Had a great day
Ron

IM002022.jpg

IM002021.jpg

IM002020.jpg

IM002017.jpg

Gerald is the finest boat builder that I have ever meet makes my boats look rough

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
We stopped on a big sandbar for a short rest and I got this shot of 3 of Gerald's creations side by side

020308_3Srchrs.jpg

The guy is good
Ron

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Ron,

great piccies and real pretty boats mate. Thank you for sharing. The stripper decks on the pirogues is a touch of genius. I love it! :shock: 8)

oh dear, I am feeling the need to build another pirogue :oops:

Do you have any more information on, or piccies of the boat at the top of your last pic. Looks to me like a serious paddling and fishing boat. very, very nice lines.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
The boat is a 16 ft boat the hull is patterened after a marathon hull ,It is plenty fast a five panel boat flat bottom simular to the Freedom 15 but the bottom panel is a lot narrower,asymetrical both the bigger boats have the same hull
And the one you ask about is a river boat rigged for fishing weighs 45 lbs
Gerald the guy that built these boats races them and builds boats for folks but doesnt sell plans They are sweet boats,
Check your pms mick
Ron

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
thanks Ron,

Any chance you could sneak a few more piccies? :twisted: Tell him there is a mad bloody Aussie who loves his boat and looking for some ideas. 8)

(replied to you pms)