Zucchini and pizza's... | SouthernPaddler.com

Zucchini and pizza's...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I don't know about you fellers, but this time a year we have more zucchini's than ya can shake a stick at! Purt near over run with them. It's so bad, if someone don't like ya, yer likely to end up with a bushel of 'em rascals on yer front porch. I've been grow'n 'em for years and I swear if you just drop the seed on a rock, they'll grow. Anyway, we also got a ton of recipes for zucchini, Fried, baked, grilled, zuc bread, zuc pie, pickled zuc, cake, zuc parmigiano and the list goes on. Anyway, mamma has been mak'n zucchini pizza for a number of years now, every time I go to her house to do something for her, I get another zucchini pizza, it's pretty good, a great way ta get yer fibre, and use all those zucchini. Thought I'd pass the recipe on in case you end up with alot of 'em!

Zucchini Pizza
*3 cups of very thinly sliced zucchini
*1 cup bisquick
*1/2 cup diced onion
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoon oregeno
*1/2 cup of oil
*4 eggs
*1/2 cup mozzerella cheese
(I think a shake of Zat's wouldn't hurt it either)

Mix all this up in a bowl real good.
Pour and smooth the batter into a 12" pizza pan with about a 1/4 inch or so lip, smooth the batter down flat.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove and spread over some pizza sauce, spread some cheese over, add some pepperoni slices or chopped anchovy, even some diced hot pepper if you like.
Place back in oven and cook for 20 minutes more.

Now this don't come out like a Dominos thin crust with a slightly burned bottom, but it's real good and you sure are gett'n you daily dose of vegetables.

Now if I could only figure out a way to E-mail each and every one a ya a bushel of zucchini's?

Jack, Ya wanna convert from cucumbers to zucchini's fer yer rabbit hunt'n!
Be like goin' from a 100 grain slug to 200 grain!
May even work whack'n commie pinko's.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Dear Yakus Digestibus,

I can't think of ANYTHING more disgusting than to ruin good pizza with zucchinis!!! YUCH!!! You get one "Aw $hit !!" for that idea, thereby wiping out all of your "atta boys". Go straight to JAIL; do not pass GO; do not collect $200.

OK, now here's my yummy recipe for buttermilk, lemonade, and iced tea mix:

2 tea bags, 1 lemon, and a dead cow

A

Anonymous

Friend Ol Yak,

Ya dont hafta ta have family that come frum Italy ta see how it makes a heap a sense ta head over ta Mamas fer some vittles. I like ta visit when the basil iz bustin' out. I make a purty good pesto myownself....til I burnt up Miz Bears blendin' machine grindin' up chilis, jalapenos 'n cayenes. :cry:

Zuccini works jest fine in "Bears Extra Spicy Near Bout Italian Garden" trick I jest tole ya'll bout.............but not a whole bushel. When somebody drops a bushel on ya, send out the call far 'n wide fer all the green tomaters, jalapenos, celery, bell pepper 'n everthin' thats runnin' out yer ears (cept yellow squash). Git a jug a olive oil 'n set out ta fry that stuff down fer jar fillin'.

Give some away ta everbody ya kin. I dont reckon a Italian kin run outta folks, but if ya did, give some ta the jews 'n poles 'n cubans 'n folks frum up ta Wisconsin. Aint no tellin' what kinda good eats ya likely ta git back.

Yesterday me 'n Miz Bear spent the day totin' a bed ta my oldest daughter. We aimed ta eat raw fish at the Little Toyko spot, but danged if it warnt closed when we wuz ready ta put the eat on them fish....squids too. :wink:

We killed some time in a Big Lots store while we come up with plan B. I seen a can a grapeseed oil 'n jest had ta git one. Ever done any cookin' with that? Iz it any good on grits?

Plan B wuz the Red, Hot 'n Blue barbecue cafe. I met the first barbecue I didnt like. :cry: :cry: :cry: It also cost more'n any barbecue sammich I ever ate. Big city folks.....I dont see how they kin git outta the rain. :mrgreen:

Be sho 'n tell ya Mama "hi" 'n then ask her fer the secret ta her Italian dressin'....if it dont call fer no secret party where I have ta cut myownself. :lol:

regards,

bearridge

Jesus Palomino, a Nazi. I knew it, you're all in cahoots. Well let me tell you something, Mr. Heinie Kraut, I fought your kind in the great war, and we kicked the living shit out of you! Hollis P. Wood “1941"

A

Anonymous

Friend Matt,

That wuz two mitey fine ways ta cook a zuccini, but did ya ever try fryin' it in some olive oil (with some good tastin' herbs 'n spices), then add some eggs (turn the fire off first), then add Parmesean cheese?

I buy a brick a Parmesean cheese 'n break off a chunk fer shreddin' ever now 'n then. Cheese in a box iz like white grits. :cry: Italian recipe iz mitey fine. But add the hot spices ta the oil 'n it goes up anuther notch.

I recall cookin' fer my kids. I never raised one that liked habanero, but my kids know when somebody went ta some trouble ta fix some good vittles.

regards,

bearridge
bodine cracker academy

He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.
George Bernard Shaw

A

Anonymous

Mamma

Br'r Bear.
Ain't no secret to dress'n is what ma Sez, Just good olive oil and good wine vinegar. After that, it's up to yer own taste. She puts a pinch a sugar in hers, some dried Italian spices, she don't put the dried cheese in until just before serving. I know she does sumthin' else but she ain't talk'n.
If we ever get to do a float together, I'll fetch a bottle down yer way. Ain't tried no grapeseed oil yet, takes awhile to get mamma to try somthin' new. Let me know how it works out.

About join'n in Bear, ain't no problem with Bear! We will welcome you and you won't have to cut yer ownself, we'll give somebody to cut on! :wink:
Ciao,
Yakus Italianus

Over there! Over there! Oh the Yanks are com'n...........

Fellas, We got three engines out, we're low on fuel, we're fly'n so low they could harpoon us, any lower we'd need sleigh bells on this thing!

Yep, I miss that guy too Bear. I'd quote some lines from Blaz'n Saddles, but don't want to be censored by Swampus.

A

Anonymous

Friend Dom Yakus,

Swampy caint do nuthin' ta ya. He caint even git on here cuz he tried ta make one a Mister Gates programs go "poof". I sho wuz scairt that wuz gwine ta git him in a heap a truble.

regards,

bearridge

Boss Paul: That ditch is Boss Kean's ditch. And I told him that dirt in it's your dirt. What's your dirt doin' in his ditch?
Luke: I don't know, Boss.
Boss Paul: You better get in there and get it out, boy.

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Re: Mamma

My Italian Cousin , I agree with what your mama sez. Oil and vinegar for me. I prefer more oil. Good oilve oil and good wine vineager. CIAO!! Kahuna aka the "Italian Stallion" :shock:
'Ol Yak said:
Br'r Bear.
Ain't no secret to dress'n is what ma Sez, Just good olive oil and good wine vinegar. After that, it's up to yer own taste. She puts a pinch a sugar in hers, some dried Italian spices, she don't put the dried cheese in until just before serving. I know she does sumthin' else but she ain't talk'n.
If we ever get to do a float together, I'll fetch a bottle down yer way. Ain't tried no grapeseed oil yet, takes awhile to get mamma to try somthin' new. Let me know how it works out.

About join'n in Bear, ain't no problem with Bear! We will welcome you and you won't have to cut yer ownself, we'll give somebody to cut on! :wink:
Ciao,
Yakus Italianus

Over there! Over there! Oh the Yanks are com'n...........

Fellas, We got three engines out, we're low on fuel, we're fly'n so low they could harpoon us, any lower we'd need sleigh bells on this thing!

Yep, I miss that guy too Bear. I'd quote some lines from Blaz'n Saddles, but don't want to be censored by Swampus.

A

Anonymous

Olive Oil

Yep Mike, It's healthy too,(olive oil), some of the most healthy people in the world live around the Med, consume olive oil, red wine, fruits, vege's, nuts, grains and fish. I try pretty much to eat a Med Diet, BUT! Man 'o Man, a Polish Keilbassa samwich piled high with kraut and spicy brown mustard sure hits the spot now and again!!! A little raw garlic chopped in the kraut don't hurt none either!!!

A

Anonymous

Friend Oldyaker,

Soon az I run outta this batch, I am gwine ta make up one with red wine vinegar. The switch ta apple cider vinegar put a big smile on my face. If red wine vinegar bumps it up a notch, I may jest be so close ta the holy grail of Italian dressin' that I kin take some time off.

The bottle settin' by the stove iz the best I ever made. My Dad tole me ta write down the recipe so he kin give it a try. We swapped out. He sent me the salad dressin' recipe my Mom got long ago frum the ole cafeteria....with the funny square glass that ya caint see thru. It closed 'n they tore it down 50 years ago, but the ole folks up yonder still recall this one.

SAM’S CAFÉ SALAD DRESSING
1 Quart mayonnaise
14 ounce salad oil
12 pods garlic
12 small onions
14 tbs mustard
12 tsp black pepper
14 tbs WORCESTERSHIRE
1 can tomato paste

I reckon I'd have ta turn the black pepper inta 6 tsp black pepper and 6 tsp of Zatarains. This iz the ole cafe recipe, so ya mite oughta downsize it fer home use.

regards,

bearridge
bodine culinary society

English Bob: Well, actually, what I heard was that you fell off your horse, drunk of course, and that you broke your bloody neck.

Little Bill Daggett: I heard that one myself, Bob. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.

A

Anonymous

OK

Just take it easy on the wine vinegar at first Bear and work up from a slow start. Wine vinegar is good stuff but some of it is strong flavored.Ma puts a pinch of sugar in when mixing up the dress'n.