1st trip with slime! | SouthernPaddler.com

1st trip with slime!

savannahkelly

Dec 7, 2008
On Sunday July 12, I put in at the Lazaretto Creek boat ramp, next to tybee island, ga, for a quick morning fishing trip. Was on the water before the sun came up. Here is a pic of the paddle I made.

lazarittocreek71209.jpg

Turned out to be alittle over 5 miles in total length. The best thing was I finally put some fish slime in the boat. Was able to catch a nice, fat whiting and a little bonnethead shark.

bonnetheadshark71209.jpg

Now to get more time to get on the water!!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Nice job, Kelly. I really like to put the breadcrumb trail on a map, like you did. I use ExpertGPS (expertgps.com) to interact with the instrument, make waypoints, routes, etc.

For a shark, were you in salt water? Brackish water? Fresh water?

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
Kayak Jack said:
Nice job, Kelly. I really like to put the breadcrumb trail on a map, like you did. I use ExpertGPS (expertgps.com) to interact with the instrument, make waypoints, routes, etc.

For a shark, were you in salt water? Brackish water? Fresh water?

Well, when I plugged his coordinates in on Google Maps, it's over close to the east coast of Georgia so it is at last brackish water if not salt water. I'm impressed with the area covered. Makes my little outing seem like all I did was get my paddles wet and leave. :mrgreen: I think if I had not broke my seat or the cross support in my pirogue I would have covered a little more ground than I had.

Cudos for the outing!

savannahkelly

Dec 7, 2008
Yes this is about 1 mile from the Atlantic Ocean. The next stop is the beach at Tybee Island. Saltwater all the way. I used goggle earth to grab the picture and insert the path of my paddle.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I fish that lazaretto fishing pier once in awhile when I get down that away. Supposed to be back in mid August.
Also have fished the Tybee pier and that little one on the back side of Tybee. Really love the area.