90-Second Keto Bread | SouthernPaddler.com

90-Second Keto Bread

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It's a wet , windy , miserable day around here thanks to Hurricane / Tropical storm Eta. Made a double batch of my Chili and had some time on my hands.
I found this on the web for folks who have to cut out carbs. I don't need to skip the carbs but a bread that can be made in the microwave got my interest.

The author of the article said you can add anything you like to it.

90-Second Keto Bread
Yield: Makes 1 mini loaf

Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon coconut flour
  • 1 tablespoon almond or hazelnut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • Pinch salt
Optional add-ins:
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese
  • 1 tablespoon minced scallions or herbs
Instructions
  1. Whisk the egg, milk, oil, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. ( Add the cheese and scallions or herbs, if using, and stir to combine.)
  2. Pour into a tall microwave-safe mug and tap the bottom firmly on the counter a few times to force any air bubbles to rise and pop. Microwave on high for 1 minute, 30 seconds.
  3. Invert mug onto a cutting board and let the bread slide out. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. To toast, heat a teaspoon of oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the slices and toast until golden-brown, about 30 seconds per side

I made it plain without any thing extra. It's not half bad but it does need some sort of seasoning like Herbs or Cheese in it. I put some Honey on one piece and it gives it some flavor. My next batch will be with the cheese. It will rise/increase about 3 times from the original height.

Reactions: Gamecock

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well here I go .... again.
I had some time on my hands and felt adventuresome.
I made the 90-secont Keto bread recipe again. This time I added some good old Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese to it. That 1/4 cup of cheese sure makes a world of difference to it , pretty good. That has me thinking ...... Next time we have a honey roasted ham I'm going to ( finely ) dice up about 1/4 cup ( or less ) of ham and add it to the mix along with the cheese.
Should be good since it's two different flours ( Almond & Coconut ) , egg , olive oil , cheese and then ham.

It's been known that folks fry a ham slice in olive oil , add a egg or two , some cheese and a chunk of toast with a glass of milk and call it breakfast.
Only difference , in this it's combined into one unit and cooked in the microwave , no pans to clean. ;)