A Lot of Cajun Recipes , over 1,900 of them | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

A Lot of Cajun Recipes , over 1,900 of them

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Yep!

bearridge said:
dang clock....Swampy if ya dont quit messin' with the universe, I'm gwine ta pull fer the Army with oldyaker next game. :?

Next Army/Navy game Briar Bear, come and join me, I'm hav'n fried calamari (squid)! :wink:

Last time I was in Naw'lins, I was responsible for putt'n the crawdad on the endangered species list! Said I put Homer Simpson to shame eat'n 'em the way I was pack'n 'em boys down. Someone asked the wife if I was her husband, she said she never saw me before. :roll:
Tabasco still sends me Christmas cards though, want'n to know when I'm com'n back down to Naw'lins.

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Once ya pull the crayfish from the river are ya supposed to leave them be for a couple of days to clean their innerworkins out, I've heard thats done with some crabs? And canoers too:lol: draino

A

Anonymous

Friend draino,

I dont know what all them cajuns do to 'em before they git up here, but I figger they jest bag 'em 'n drive 'em on up.

We wasted salt on 'em fer a while with all that "purgin'" stuff, even let 'em sit a while in a big tub a water, but after that we quit. They seemed ta do jest fine if ya run the garden hose on 'em, then dump 'em in a big tub with water jest long enuff ta rinse 'em off good. Its a good time ta throw out the dead ones. Dead crawdads aint tasty no matter how much Zatarains ya put on 'em.

regards,

bearridge

P.S. Ya gotta watch out cuz them dirty little sheetasses will pinch tha sheet outta ya.

A

Anonymous

Friend oldyaker,

Squid, huh? Like the one that near bout got Ole Capt. Nemo 'n the fellas down under the sea?

Ya see....down here I never heard a no tailgatin' where folks ate a octopus. Most a the time its jest fried chicken, tater salad, tater chips 'n french onion dip.....mebbe some hoop cheese on the side.

regards,

bearridge
bodine athletic assoc.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Explanation....

Squid; Term of endearment for a sailor by an enlisted member of the Army. Insert picture of Swampy in frayed spandex here{...............}

A

Anonymous

New info:

Cajun fella tole Lance ta put the Zatarains in the water 'n ta barely bring it ta a boil, then add crawdads, bring ta second boil (barely), then simmer a few minutes til pink 'n remove.

Course this fella cooks 100-200 pounds at a time.

I know the way we cook 'em will turn out some fine eatin', but we gotta try the other way.....soon az we kin.

It mite even be a better way since the ones that sat in the bottom of the cooler...in all that hot juice....overnite taste mitey fine the next day.

I reckon its time fer the delta testin' facility ta git ta work.

regards,

bearridge

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
As a rookie boiler here, I'm thinkn that the boil in the flavor method may be the easiest way to go. One of the ladies here, quite often will boil shrimp and the fixings(corn, potato) in Old Bay seasoning, There is some type of boiling package that they sell now. I will be looking for the zatarans seansoning from now on, CRAYFISH BEWARE your days are numbered , Leaning towards the 4th of July weekend.

Draino

A

Anonymous

Friend draino,

I got some insider info this mornin'. Put some Zatarains in the barely boilin' water, add crawdads, bring ta second barely boil, simmer til pink, then chunk 'em in a cooler 'n dust 'em with Zatarains. [Dont fergit ta layer in the mushrooms 'n cooked sausage.....then the cooked corn on the cob 'n little taters.]

See, I tole ya'll I wuz headed fer high office. I call that a compromize. :wink:

I also call it fine eatin' cuz ya caint go wrong less ya over cook 'em.

regards,

bearridge
cajun anti-defamin' league

islandpiper

recipes

Ya, right.....1900 Cajun recipes...when there are really only two of them..

recipe one: put it in a pot and boil it, add hot sauce, and eat
recipe two: put it in a pot, add butter and cook till done....add sugar or hot sauce, you decide, and eat it

how to tell if something is edible: do the Cajuns eat it? If they do, it is edible, if not, then it's not!! Just that simple.
Piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend piper,
A Cajun pal tole me a Cajun will eat anythin' that dont eat him first. :wink:
regards
bearridge

Old paddlers iz like old fishermen--they don't die, they just smell that way. Bears Buddy