another day at the farm | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

another day at the farm

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Yeah look this keith an Seed pirogue thing is fine. They do build some beautiful Pirogues and fancy motorboats made out of sensational timber they steal from fishes but truth be told they probly ain't got the skills to make a kayak. I mean a pirogue is fine but its only 3/4ths of a kayak so probly a bit beyond them 8) No doubt some doubters might think I just wanna see what they'd do building a real kayak (then sending it over to me for honest to god testing purposes only, say 15' long by 24" wide :wink: ) Course they probly wouldn't dare to take the challenge so I guess no one will ever know... :mrgreen:
Regards John.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Hey John,

You can fip that kayak trolling bait out in front of me all day long and I just ain't gonna bite it.

About 5 years ago friend keith and i were on a paddling trip on Bayou Lafourche when this guy came flying by in his yak. I thought about building one until i saw that he couldn't get in or out of it without stepping in the water. Well around south Louisiana, stepping in at the water's edge usually means that not only does your feet get wet but you're also in mud at least up to your ankles -sometimes up to your knees. Then those wet muddy feet end up in the boat for the rest of the day.

Now i'm not a clean freak and i've been awful dirty before and i'll be awful dirty again, but paddling around in a yak with muddy feet just doesn't seem like much fun to me

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
oldsparkey said:
seedtick said:
who's on first?

"O" Lordy .... I knew someone was going to go there. :roll:

"je ne comprends pas"

I wondered how long it would be befor I could use that. The things one can learn on this site! :roll: This new notebook is just the thing for recording all the boat science.

seedtick you were wright. If I would just write down the things you teach me I wouldn't have to keep calling back. :lol:

beekeeper

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
These guys do work beyond spectacular. Saw the pirogues at Bass Pro in Denham Springs and the Rendezvous 2010 boats. The photos don't do the work full justice.