Another one finished | SouthernPaddler.com

Another one finished

dawallace45

Another one finished , this one is 68" nock to nock , 16" riser and I suspect some where around 38# to 40# at 28" of draw , will have to wait until I go visit a mate down Bundaberg again to weigh it , shoots nice

Riser is Kwila with a Vertical lamination of Tulip wood , Black Glass , tips are Kwila and Tulip wood , Laminations are Vertical Coffee Bamboo and tulip wood , depending on how it weighs out it may be the new Bow for a mates son , mate ordered it about a month and a half back but I only just got around to it

P1000743.jpg

P1000742.jpg

P1000740.jpg

P1000741.jpg

P1000736.jpg

P1000737.jpg

P1000735.jpg

David

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Another good looking bow David. Is Kwila wood only found in Aust. I think I heard you mention it before. Is the coffee bamboo used for flooring? Gave me pause to see you wearing what looks like a flannel shirt until I remembered it is winter there. Hot and muggy here. :cry:
Bob

dawallace45

Thanks guys ,

Kwila is a forest timber from New Guinea , nice stuff , I built my entire kitchen and vanity from it

Yeah , vertical coffee Bamboo flooring , they heat it up to caramelize it , it lowers the poundage a little more than natural colored flooring but it does look good , the Tulip wood will bring up the poundage a bit , bloody hard timber , white timber but hard as hell and heavy , I blunted a router blade planing the edges of some

If I'm a little slow to respond this week to emails and questions it's because I'm not here , will respond and answer questions when I get back

David

dawallace45

Piper thanks

The solar panels are a 2.16kw setup , they feed back into the grid , there is no battery bank so our usage comes out first then any left over goes into the grid and we are paid for it , we are due for our bill any time soon , we are waiting to see if we have to pay any at all or if we are in credit

Bob that is the solar hot water system , works well

Jack , thanks

David

dawallace45

Swamprat

Have only ever checked out the , The Bowyer's Gallery , The Tinker's corner , Barrels and Bullets and have never found a problem all seem courteous and easy to get along with , haven't bothered to check out he rest of the forums as they don't interest me as much

David