Another one ruined | SouthernPaddler.com

Another one ruined

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I broke my son in law in today,first time in a yak.
We loaded the cuda and hot air perow up and headed to a nearby lake.
IM002291.jpg

The jeep rack worked out well for hauling two yaks
Glen took to it like a duck to water and off we went.

IM002292.jpg

Everyone is always catching channels on a spinner bait well this isnt a channel :shock:

IM002294.jpg

dang mudcat hit that spinner bait.

Then the fun started,the lake we were on isn't a producer of large numbers ,but quality fish yea buddy.
Glenn hooked into his second fish ,and it was a show ,I was on the other side so I couldn't see the fish but i could see it splashing water higher than Glenns head.

IM002296.jpg

not bad for a second fish out of a yak
8 lbs 2 ounces.

we fished on around the lake and he caught this 6 lber

IM002301.jpg

I think he is hooked ,we came in to eat ,he looked at me said I am off tomorrow how about we just leave the yaks on the jeep and I will see you in the morning.

Oh and I caught the skunk.
Ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Yeah, I'd say that you're responsible for leading another poor, unsuspecting human being down the road to perdition. WHEE!

Please say "Hi" to Glen for me? He's a nice guy. Tell Sharon "Hi" too, whilst your at it? Thanks.

And, as for you, Ronnie - SHAME ON YOU! :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ron....

Realizing you are fishing in Texas waters I am naturally assuming those fish ( the Bass) in the pictures are what was going to be used as bait. :roll:
Here in Florida we would call them the center piece for a good supper.

That boat rack for the Jeep does work really good, I was wondering about two boats on there and they look like they fit up there really nice. Since yours is better ( custom) made them mine you would not have any weight worries , mine is rated at 350 pounds carrying capacity.

Chuck.