aussies | SouthernPaddler.com

aussies

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Hey sparky man them aussies are coming out of the wood work. Must be them gritz you sent Mick . He must have gave some to his buddies. :) :lol:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Cat,

We have a couple of very active forums here that I post on and the interest in my boats has been extraordinary :shock: :D Your Cajun Pirogues are a classic case in point. They are so suitable for our waters it is allmost scary. Paddlers and fishermen only have to look at one to realize this.

I have been gently steering those who seemed interested, in Matt's direstion (and here of course) I think some of them might be as a result of this. Mostely though, I think they have just found their own way.

Wooden boat building seems to be enjoying a sort of boom in interest here at the moment. There are only a couple of Aussie cayak/canoe designers who are fairly well known and as yet, their range of boats is fairly limited.

Mate, it was Kayak Jack who sent the gritz for which, I will be for-ever in his debt. :D I bloody love them.

dawallace45

Mick

That would be right , now Jack has you hooked there is no continuation of supply , I checked several years ago when there was a flurry of recipes on the Old Shooters.com cast bullet page and there just wasn't any available , even the Australian agents for Companies that sold Grits in the USA like Quaker weren't interested in bringing then into Australia ,

If you do manage to track down a supplier in Australia let me know

Catfish , yeah we do seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days , good thing too , for a long time I was the only token Aussie

David

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
dawallace45 said:
Mick

That would be right , now Jack has you hooked there is no continuation of supply , I checked several years ago when there was a flurry of recipes on the
David

Now David....That just ain't so! Jack will send 5 pound bags to ya for 100 dollars US! The first bag was free. :wink:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend David,

I had this idea a while back, but I had ta study on it fer a spell, cuz it means ya gotta do some extra w*rk. I caint find no yellow grits in the stores round here, but we got white grits aplenty. All the cafes 'n some of the too fast food places have breakfast grits. However, some fellas begun ta sell high dollar grits. They make up tall tales bout how ta the find the rite corn, what kinda poems they read ta it whilst it grows, the magical stones they use ta grind 'em, etc.

They make dang good money in the high dollar grit trade. If ya buy a broke down mill on a purty creek ('er jest take a pichur of one fer the label), the price of grits goes up. Put "organic" 'er "natural" on the label 'n silly folks start chunkin' money at ya fast az they kin.

If ya'll dont have no high dollar grits fer sale downunder, why not start yer own company? All it takes iz corn, big grindin' stones 'n a engine ta turn 'em. Corn aint hard ta raize. What poems ya'll read ta yer corn iz up ta ya'll. I got a soft spot fer Waltzin' Matlida. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.  Martin Luther King Jr.

dawallace45

Bear

While I'd like to try Grits I'm not at all sure that I want too go to all that work of building my own mill , I think that is a little too obsessive even for me

Actually I'm not really all that into poetry , I know most of the words to Waltzing matilda and a few of the Good Ship Venus but that's about it

David

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Well, David, it ain't all that complicated. Here's what you do. Choices of equal impact and benefit follow:

1. Eat gritz,

or don't eat gritz, and instead you can
2. Get a frontal lobotomy
3. Have 3 feet of intestine removed
4. Slit your own throat with a hacksaw
5. Do a tracheotomy on yourself
6. Neuter yourself

Any of #2-6 will equal eating gritz.

Or, you can remain whole, healthy, and sane by avoiding them altogether. See? Not all that complicated, is it.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
David glad to have you guys on here from the other side. Even if you guys are coming out of the wood . I guess Mick didn,t know what he started. :wink: :lol: I guess it was them gritz, I guess they soured in shipment. :lol:

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Hey, Cat.... Mick didn't join this forum for the boats....

My sources tell me he spends most his time here in the Food section lookin' for our delicicious southern entrees...... :lol:

I do know he be a huge fan of sweet 'taters!

Steve