Big Hoodoochie comin | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Big Hoodoochie comin

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
dawallace45 said:
....was actually looking forward to a bit more rain but none so far....

Similar situation in my part of the US; a big portion of Georgia's yearly rainfall comes from tropical storm leftovers. So we end up hoping the Floridians get run over by a hurricane so that we can have some drought relief. Pretty perverse, really, but I guess it's nature's way.

Besides, the Floridians are tough. They can deal with a hurricane now and then. :)

GBinGA

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Bloody coming back.

Dave, You might just yet get your wish.

1103091.gif

dawallace45

Well it seems that Hamish has turned around and is now heading North West back up this way , it’s been down graded to Cat 2 but it’s now windier here than it was when it was cat 4 , they some times get a kick start when they swing around but it probably won’t this time , or at least I hope it don’t , need rain not wind ,

Still have every thing packed away in the shed so still can’t work in it , both Lakers are just sitting there waiting for glassing , won’t unpack until I know for sure Hamish has gone completely ,

Have spent the last few days setting up the computer down in the reloading room of the shed , reformatting and reloading windows and putting in a new network card and hooking up to my network so I now have internet in the reloading room , also set up my spare TV and DVD player in the reloading room with all my fishing movies ,

Have been drawing up plans for the modifications for my Jonsboat and a new trailer for it as well , want to put another 4 ft of casting deck on the front and modify the rear end with casting deck and stowage compartments , so the time hasn’t been totally wasted

David

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
gbinga....

Right now I would welcome a Tropical Storm , everything around here is drying up and becoming a dust bowl. This dry spell keeps going like it is , I will have to put wheels on my boats to do any paddling. After we get the water ....Then we could send it up to Georgia.

Chuck.

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Chuck,

You take what you need and we'll welcome what's left over. We're doing better this year so far, but still in deficit. I worry about the farms down South where my wife is from. Hard life for a farmer. It doesn't rain enough. Unless it rains too much. Except when it rains just right and then it freezes late.

George