Biscuits and Gravy | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Biscuits and Gravy

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
(Mark hour calendars) I agree with Chuck - the original chipped beef gravy is outstanding too. Was one of my favorite suppers or breakfasts on a snowy day when I was a kid.

The sky's falling , the mountains are vanishing , the world is going to ice over , the rivers are flowing backwards , the cost of gas is going down , fossil fuels are replenishing themselves ... or is that the fossils are doing that ?

JACK ..... AGREEDED WITH ME........... Awww nuts .. food does that especially good food like SOS or Biscuits and gravy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

coogzilla

May 3, 2008
So Cal USA
Ah man, I forgot the Jimmy Dean sausage and egg biscuits. I always
forget stuff till I get home. I got 3 gallons "ON SALE!" of peanut oil
for the fryer. And suds too. Forgot the sausage though.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuckles....I use Jimmy Dean only when I can't get the sausage from that butcher down the road who makes those tasty jerkys and keilbasa's I bring on the trips. Jimmy Dean is good but the butcher down the road has a slight edge...... :wink:

And I am a Southerner.........Southern Italy! :lol:

coogzilla

May 3, 2008
So Cal USA
Well, somehow the biscuits and gravy came out ok despite me
cooking it. It was finger liking good!. So I went and got some more
to make tonight. Coogs

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
coogzilla said:
Well, somehow the biscuits and gravy came out ok despite me
cooking it. It was finger liking good!. So I went and got some more
to make tonight. Coogs

That my friends proves that the biscuits and gravy recipes are ...... FOOL PROOF. :lol: Plus darn good tasting , now if he could just make a boat that actually floats , not a gravy boat to go with the biscuits :D

( I'm sure this new generation has no idea what a gravy boat is , it is a container ( usually ob-longed in shape like a boat) to hold the gravy when it is placed on the table for your enjoyment during the meal , only dip into to get the good stuff , not something you paddle . ) :roll:

Chuck.

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
My darling wife is an intellectual, a professional, an educated woman, a college graduate(Albiet from Nichols, in Thibidaux, Louisiana,)
You want to know what she uses our gravy boat for? A flippin teapot! It holds exacty two cups of tea.
It makes no difference anyway, she refuses to eat gravy for the most part.
She is under the impression, that gravy is mostly fat. I have even demonstated gravy making to her. ie: One part fat, one part flour, twenty parts milk or water(or coffee,or wine, even tea will work) But,Noooo, gravy is mostly fat! (According to Ms Bits reasoning, in any case!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Chuck - I'm surprised that YOU know what a gravy boat is. Normally, they are used amongst the cultured, not the crackered.

Jack....

I can set a table with the finest china , and nothing but cut glass , even the salt and pepper shakers , silverware and all the trimmings that you would ever want to see.
I have a complete china cabinet with nothing but cut glass of all sorts for all the servings , appetizers , the main course , deserts and even after dinner drinks..... not mentioning during the meal water goblets and ice tea glasses. Plus some of the best Havoline China you could lay your eyes on. It only sits 12.

I profess to be a cracker and enjoy paper plates or just a paper towel but my upbringing was something different.... Meals , place setting and the rest at the folks place for General Staff Members ( My dad was One , plus a base commander , full bird ) for everything from Generals to lonely majors ... nothing lower then that in the Army pecking order. I could tell you a lot more but I hate to bore you with the details.

I have enjoyed two different life styles during my life and still do at times but prefer the simpler one........

Yep... I can do the full Sherm from ties and tails , very formal with good china , cut glass and silverware or to the comfortable with the swim suits , blue jeans and cutoffs using fingers with paper plates and plastic cups.

Hell .. ain't nothing better then some dago red wine from a cardboard box served up in a tin cup....while enjoying a good meal on a paper plate.
Bubba ....Let me tell you ....... That is living and what life is all about , especially with some good friends while sitting around a campfire and enjoying it with you. :wink:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Good to know you riz to your level. Kulture is great.

Are you kidding ..... PLEASE..... I'm trying to be an expert at the process of progressive regressing or in better words , slipping down hill into a comfortable cracker-domain. No BMW'S for me , Jeeps , Mud and skinny water boats equipped with grits , beer in a can ( at lease the full ones) an paper plates. Now days a seven course meal is a six pack and a can of Vienna's. :lol:
Formal dress is a clean "T" Shirt , two day old socks and some almost clean shorts ( at lease the outside shorts) with a old (but well loved ) hat. If the hat smells like wood smoke or a wet dog ... then all the better. :D

Chuck.