Bits of advice for the New Year | SouthernPaddler.com

Bits of advice for the New Year

islandpiper

1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.
3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
4. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
5. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
7. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
11. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
12. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
13. Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.
14. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
15. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
16. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
17. Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
18. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
19. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
20. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
22. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

dawallace45

Over the years I've been given a lot of advice and a lot I've had to work out my self , here are the pieces I've found the most valuable

1. Don't be a smartarse , you can have the most valuable opinion in the world but if you come off as a smartarse people just will not listen to you

2. Always be polite , you don't have to like people but it makes things
smoother if you are polite

3. Never argue with a idiot , it will bring you down to their level where they can beat you with experience

4. Most people in the world aren't worth talking to and are a waste of
breathing air , it's unfortunate but true

5. If you find people worth talking to treasure them

6. Never have sex with any one you can't carry on a conversation with

7. Never have sex with some one you wouldn't be proud to be seen with the next day ,

8. Never do any thing you would be embarrassed to have people find out about because if you do they will

9. Don't use four letter words in every day conversations , when people hear it they automatically take about 20 points off your IQ , even if they can't string 4 words together with out swearing them selves

10. Never volunteer any thing and for any thing

11. Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a idiot than to open it and prove it

12. Always handle your problems as they come up , don't put them off or they pile up and become too much to handle

12. A problem handled is no longer a problem

13. And when you do any thing always do it to the best of your ability

14. Do it once and do it right

15. Better to have a firearm handy and not need it than need it and not have it

16. If you have to tackle a big job or problem that seems to be more than you can handle just break it down to small easy to manage steps then do them one at a time

17. If some one insults you just ignore it , words can't hurt you , if they lay a hand on you break every bone in their body

18. Always forgive and forget , but only after you have got even

19. Never trust too quickly or too easly

20. Always remember that most of what you hear is shit and the rest is bloody lies

David