Bob Munden | SouthernPaddler.com

Bob Munden

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Haven't seen that one either, Mike. Awesome. Saw someone ALMOST as fast as him about 10 years ago at an archery shoot. The guy was 73 years old and you couldn't hardly see his hand move when he drew. He would balance a styrofoam cup on the back of his drawing hand at a little above waist level, drop his hand causing the cup to fall and shoot the cup before it fell ONE inch!

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
His humility really touched my heart

but what amazed me is that he popped the first balloon after admitting that he was shooting blanks - darned good shot

he also said he could draw, aim, shoot and reholster in 2/100th of a second - just for fun let's assume that the gun moves 2 feet in and out of the holster and it's moving for the whole 2/100 - then it's moving 100 ft/sec - 6,000 feet/min - 360,000 ft/hr - almost 70 mph. I don't remember enough physics to determine what maximum speed he'd have to achieve to average 70 mph over one foot distance. Remeber he's starting at zero accelerating to something then decelerating back to zero and his average is 70 mph. Sounds like a little leg pulling......

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Tick, I think he must have meant 2/10 of a second. He's fast, but not that fast. As far as the blanks, the burned and unburned powder is what breaks the balloon. Probably doesn't carry much more than 10 feet.

What amazes me is shooting two targets within one recoil. I think the way he does it is to rake his index and middle finger over the hammer to pull off those two closely spaced shots.

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
jdupre' said:
.... As far as the blanks, the burned and unburned powder is what breaks the balloon. Probably doesn't carry much more than 10 feet.
Yeah, he said he was shooting at 8 feet because he was shooting blanks.

What amazes me is shooting two targets within one recoil. I think the way he does it is to rake his index and middle finger over the hammer to pull off those two closely spaced shots.
I've seen him on TV where he demonstrates that. If I remember correctly, he uses all of his fingers when rapid firing 5 rounds.

Mike

dawallace45

jdupre

I've drawn and fired in .2 of a second twice in competition [ way back when I could draw and fire fast ] and I was no where near as fast as him , I've seen some of the best IPSC shooters here in Australia and they are no where near as fast as him , he definitely is scary fast

David