boy scout kayak | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

boy scout kayak

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
You will NEVER see me using that name or referring to a certain other web site about paddling , those SOB's. Actually I should thank them and there twisted ideas about wood boats and the tree butchers who make the wood boats or we would never of been here as opposition to them.
Whatever it took to get this Forum started, I'm glad for it! :D

But you have to know that reading little snippets about a "name that shall not be mentioned," or a web site not to be posted, really does tweak my curiosity!!

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
FlaMike said:
But you have to know that reading little snippets about a "name that shall not be mentioned," or a web site not to be posted, really does tweak my curiosity!!

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

Don't fuss , neither of them are worth the thought or curiosity. That has been proved over time in more then one way , actually dozens which I will not get into.

I will say , there are folks willing to help any way they can and there are ones wanting to rip you off. You have to decide which is which. Time and experience is a great teacher and the folks on here or referred ( web site links) to on here have been there and can be trusted to do anything they can for you.

We believe in helping a person not shafting them.

Chuck.

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
:lol: I've already made my decision on where to go for answers, advice, and general good conversation!

Two Forums is about all I need. This one, and Matt's JEM Watercraft Forum. Two different Forums, two different styles. Interesting thing is, there's a lot of the same people on both.

I do look around at others, but mostly they are more focused on fishing. Some of those have "paddle" sections, some are mostly kayak oriented. I like those when they contain information about locations within my drive range, and sometimes to get ideas about gadgets and accessory items.

Often though, those last to things turn out to be more humorous, than anything practical.

Nope! I'm HOME and like it here. But I do get curious! :D (Not enough to press the issue!)

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Joel,

Ya didnt have ta do that. Ya dont owe nobody no apology. A few of us dearly love ta see the High Sheriff in a tizzy. :wink: One of my first tries ta post favorite links had the-one-we-caint-say-on-here on the list. I had jest found it.....not really my favorite. I didnt know they wuz banned.

Jest set back.....by'n by anuther fella will mention 'em. If I could jest sell e-popcorn. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

psssst.....the tale grows a bit ever time he 'n Jack give 'em what for. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.  Oscar Wilde

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
There is another (Aussie) woodworking forum around that caters to all sorts of woodworking. Boat building is only a small part.

These blokes are, in the main, perfectionists and while the site has a nice friendly feel to it, some of the fellers can get a bit brutal in their appraisal of your work. As the Admin openly states "If you can't stand the heat. Get out of the kitchen"

I would post a link only I lost it on the other 'putor. There are some fine/superb builds there with one bloke spending the last seven years working on a 5 panel canoe! I post there with a degree of trepidation :oops:

There are some very good reads in it.

4sons

Apr 5, 2005
guys ya'll gave me more information than I was expecting. Actually you made my job harder. Now I have to decide between 2 sets of plans.

I'll have a meeting with my woodworkers here in a couple of weeks and hopefully make a decision.

I'll keep everyone informed through the process. If I can figure out how hopefully I'll show some pictures of some young men building their very own boat.

Thanks again.