Bread | SouthernPaddler.com

Bread

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I am off work today and it is too bad to get outside so I decided to bake bread. I haven't made bread in several years and have been wanting to do it. I got this recipe from a cook on a drilling rig back when I was running tow boats in the oil field.

3 c water
3c milk
2c sugar
8 pkg. yeast
mix the following
2c oil
beat in 1 tsp. salt
Beat 6 eggs into the oil 1 at a time thin mix in the milk and sugar
I get the three cups of warm water add a little sugar and a little flour and dissolve the yeast into the water to let it get started. When the yeast starts bubbling mix it into the milk, sugar,oil, and egg mix.
Mix thourghly.
Dump in 5 lbs. of flour and mix with a very stout spoon or 2x4. it needs to be stout.
when mixed start adding flour and kneeding the bread,- I usually use another 2 lbs. of flour.
Cover and let rise.
punch down and shape into whatever kind of bread you want. Let rise and bake at 350F. Makes excellent hambuger buns.
By the way, if you didn't notice this makes a LOT of bread.
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Think the hamburger buns a little big. Mick may be able to use them for his style hamburgers.
Windstormrepairs001.jpg

Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I'm with Mick , Beets are some sort of good , especially the pickled ones and at salad bars I always take my share or more. Just be careful and don't get any of the juice on your clothing , it is hard to wash out. Beet greens are a great side dish with almost anything.

Chuck.