campin' along the river | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

campin' along the river

How many nights do ya'll spend campin' on the river bank frum a boat...each year?

• less than 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-10

• 10-20

• more'n 20

• Total voters

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
4sons said:
Bear,We're camping at Big Shoals thinking we were in the middle of nowhere when about half a dozen ATVs come driving by the camp....
Raison detre fer the Mini-14.

I reckon the poll means only 14 of us paddle 'n camp on a river bank frum a canoe?

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Oz,

It iz a secret, kinda like that high tecknikle missle system that we didnt want the Chinamen ta git their hands on. :? :? :(

regards
bearridge

ps I am in the 5-10 groups. Next year I aim ta do better.

The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.  Alexander Hamilton

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Ahhh, camping from a boat!
I entered an entry to this poll, then read all the answers and realized my "camping" may not qualify.
I like to load up my john boat, go out on an island in an out of the way place,(on the Mississippi River) set up a base camp and spend the rest of the time gathering fire wood and fishing.
If this is camping from a boat, then mark me down for about 1 month a year. If not, my apologies for buttin' in.

Lee

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
Lee Schneidermann said:
I would have figured just the opposite. Everyday camping since Katrina!! :x :x :x
Little did we realize, but when we pulled out of the driveway on August 27, 2005, our lives would be changed forever. In the year that followed (exactly one year, we moved back into our house on Aug. 27, 2006) we had a completely different focus. We've been back in the house for a year and a half now, and we're just now begining to realize that we miss that canoeing/camping/hiking part of our pre-K life.
Lee Schneidermann said:
We've been down there twice since, re-building churches.
Thank you! I've been fortunate in my life to have never needed a handout. Until Katrina came along. Thanks to you and everyone who lent a hand, sent in a dollar or two, or said a prayer. It is all greatly appreciated :D

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
Lee Schneidermann said:
Never figured helpin a nieghbor was a hand-out, just a hand. :wink:
True enough, Lee. Through all of the low points (believe me, there were plenty to go around), it was the goodness of Man that always lifted my spirits.

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
"Through all of the low points (believe me, there were plenty to go around), it was the goodness of Man that always lifted my spirits."

Careful now, you're going to open a "thread highjackin' moment" with talk like that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not much for commitees an' organizations. Just raised to look out for my own first, then help others where you can. Same reason the misses and I adopted kids. Real effective way of having an impact (hopefully in a positive way) for someone else.
Some folks send money, and that's good. I've always felt I should contribute what I can. A person can meet some of the nicest folks when they're going thru the worst times. Make all of us realize we weren't put here on earth for our own selfish interests. :wink:

Lee

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Dear Mr. Lee. I'm up for adoption now. I'm nearly housebroken, can tie my own shoes, and color in the lines. The Warden here says I should be a good field hand or gandy dancer.

Could you be my new Daddy?

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Kayak Jack said:
Dear Mr. Lee. I'm up for adoption now. I'm nearly housebroken, can tie my own shoes, and color in the lines. The Warden here says I should be a good field hand or gandy dancer.

Could you be my new Daddy?

I'd love to jackie, but I've had my eye on a 19 year-old Korean girl down the street. Now if I can just talk my wife into it?????? :lol: :lol: :shock:

Lee

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Lee Schneidermann said:
I'd love to jackie, but I've had my eye on a 19 year-old Korean girl down the street. Now if I can just talk my wife into it?????? :lol: :lol: :shock:
"If you can't afford the answer - don't ask the question."

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

"Discretion is the better part of damned foolishness."

"Don't crap too close to your own doorstep."

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Kayak Jack said:
Lee Schneidermann said:
"If you can't afford the answer - don't ask the question."

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

"Discretion is the better part of damned foolishness."

"Don't crap too close to your own doorstep."

Well said,
I,m going to have to convert to Catholicism to get forgiveness for that crack. :oops: :oops:

Lee