Cheap Mustard | SouthernPaddler.com

Cheap Mustard

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I like good, tasty mustard. Here's one of the ways I get there from here.

Get a jar of the cheap, yellow stuff. Often a store brand. Add about 40% honey to it, and a spoon of corn starch for thickening. (Honey soups up mustard so that it will run off onto our britches while you're eating the sandwich.) Add some spices. Garlic powder, onion flakes, rosemary, caraway, what ever you like. Heat it a bit in the nuker to thicken it, & rebottle.

This is good on ham sandwiches with dark bread. Good with pretzels and beer too.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

How is it when thrown on some burgers cooking on the grill?

To help you with your answer ... I put tomatoes, onion, garlic and sharp cheddar cheese in my burgers...It is all hidden in the center of them...........yep they are BIG and juicy when done.

By now ........you should know that I never do anything in the normal way.
Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
(SNIP) How is it when thrown on some burgers cooking on the grill? (SNIP)
Gooder'n airey store bought hamburger. Accentuates the flavor of (even grass-fed cutters & canners) beef

oldsparkey said:
(SNIP) By now ........you should know that I never do anything in the normal way. Chuck.
Someone told me that - but I don't believe it. You're as normal as aligator pie.

A

Anonymous

Kayak Jack said:
Get a jar of the cheap, yellow stuff. Often a store brand. Add about 40% honey to it, and....

Mister Paddlin' Gourmet,

I sho like yer thinkin'. I usually buy Gold Dollar mustard, then put a heap a stuff in it. I aim ta try more sweet stuff in my food. Once upon a time Ole Dave tole me bout how he would git a jar a dill pickles, add a cup a sugar 'n have some good eatin'. Reckon dey wuz sweet 'n sour pickles.

Aint no tellin' what ya likely ta do wid Grey Poupon!

I put it on grits. :wink:

regards,

bearridge
billy bob thornton mustard award winner.....uh hmmmm