oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion , chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup baking mix ) bisquick or another brand)
1 cup milk
2 eggs , slightly beaten

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray
Heat a skillet to med.
2 ..... Cook the beef and onion , drain Stir in the salt. Spread the mixture in the pie tin and sprinkle on the cheese.

3.... In a bowl, with a fork , stir in the baking mix , milk , eggs until blended. Pour into the pie plate. Bake 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, cut into wedges and serve.

Chuck

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com

dawallace45

Chuck

Hell I've never lived in England either if you remember I only live two hours north of Mick

Looks like your biscuit mix is similar to our Damper , I've acually made your sort of biscuit before , a mate in Texas posted a recipe on the Castbullet castpics site , it was pretty good

My dad was the worlds champion biscuit maker bar none. His recipe was simple. He took self-rising flour and buttermilk with a dash of salt and mixed it together to form a stiff paste. He formed this into biscuits by hand(no cutter)and put them in a greased pan---could use a pie pan if not doing a large batch--larger batch a pizza pan works well (dont use the pan you use for anything associated with bullet casting). When placed onto the pan place them upside down first so the top gets greased. Bake till done. If you do try this simple recipe I'd like to hear a report about how they turn out. Mine turn out good--but never as good as my dads did.???

David

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
"O"Ooooop's ...... Sorry about mistaken the area you are in but you sound so English .......... but a biscuit is a biscuit and darn good no matter what.

Dam I am in trouble now......... Mick ...HELP....... Save me from one of your countrymen.

Chuck.......
OK... I am allowed three mistakes everyday ... this one makes 4 :oops: so I will have to have a shower and go to bed......... A Shower ..... Capital Punishment and even with some hot water , shutter , wo is me , I might melt , sugar melts in hot water ....Ya Know. Choke , gasp , cough , snicker , snicker ..... no way I would ever melt.