Chuck Style trip completed | SouthernPaddler.com

Chuck Style trip completed

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
This coming weekend we are taking a camping trip> There is going to be a crowd about 15 people at least from 8 to 70 so It should be fun.
This will be an easy Chuck style trip two miles to the sandbar where we are going to camp and three more miles to take out.
I need more boats the Freedoom , hot air perow , and my Heritage will all be in the water.
I will file a report when we get back
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Re: Chuck Style trip

tx river rat said:
This will be an easy Chuck style trip two miles to the sandbar where we are going to camp and three more miles to take out.

Ron

That sure is my idea of a hurry up trip , hurry up to do nothing but relax and have a good time on a sand bar , camp , fish , have good eats , lay back and enjoy the area
Only problem ... you are rushing things , you aren't spending two nights at the same place after paddling so far. :lol:

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
wELL YOU KNW cHUCK YOU GOT ME THINKING i MIGHT JUST GO fRIDAY NIGHT PADDLE DOWN CAMP BY MYSELF THAT FIRST NIGHT AND WITH THE CROWD THE SECOND NIGHT.Dang cap lock 5 miles in 2 1/2 days.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I would give you some quiet time , you could also have a good supply of firewood for when everyone shows up , not even thinking about having the choice spot for your tent or hammock.

The extra day would even give you some recuperative time from paddling so hard to get there. You could tell them it only took you 4 hours to get to camp and they would never know the difference. BOY , would they ever think you are a fast paddler. :roll:

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuck! :shock: I am so shocked you would encourage a member of this forum to tell a fib like that.... :roll:

Ya think Ron may have some experience in truth stretch'n? :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Chuck! :shock: I am so shocked you would encourage a member of this forum to tell a fib like that.... :roll:

Ya think Ron may have some experience in truth stretch'n? :wink:

Oldyaker ... tx river rat is a fisherman , you draw your own conclusions. As the old saying goes ... " All fishermen are lairs except for you and me and sometimes I am not to dam sure about you" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck
PS. It is a terrible burden being the only truthful person on here. :oops:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Now fellers
Ya'll trying to make it hard on me ain't even been fishing yet and you already doubting my catch.
And as far as all that paddling that be to much work It just be 2 miles and the river is flowing at about 2 miles an hour way ya'll got it figured I would have to float for 2 hours then paddle back upsteam for 2 hours.
Now I don't mind a little exercise chasing women lifting a mug but ya'll got this one figured wrong by my way of thinking I think them gritz don cloged up on Chuck frontal lob somebody slap him with a paddle shake them up Make sure it be an old paddle don't want to bang on something that hard with anything new.
Ron

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
oldsparkey said:
PS. It is a terrible burden being the only truthful person on here. :oops:

This is Chuckles fetching up more truth of his that he spreads around.... :roll:

GLADES%20099.jpg

Notice the aura of confidence on Chuck as he carries another load of "truth" from his truth locker to spread around. :? :wink:

GLADES%20102.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Now fellers

Make sure it be an old paddle don't want to bang on something that hard with anything new.
Ron

I always am willing to accept a good paddle , no matter how it is presentated to me. Besides everyone says Oldsparkeys seat is really comfortable , now if they just had the padding that I have , man what comfort. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep with the river at 2 mph and 2 miles to go , 4 hours is about normal , a person has to take sand bar breaks , ya know snacks , coffee or tea , hot chocolate at times or just to get out and stretch. Now with a bunch of us paddling we might make it in 5 hours with any luck , we do enjoy being on the river and seeing the sights.

"O" something I have found , if you don't remove the boat from the vehicle it is easy to do the slow paddle and it sure cuts down on the shuttle services. Makes any of that stuff the Yankees call portaging a lot easier , just hop in the buggy , start it up and go overland ( 4 wheel drive does help) then back in the water and paddle on. :roll:

Chuck.
PS. Believe it or not , I did see where some folks left the trailer on there boat when they took out for the day and when returning they asked the folks at the marina why won't there boat get up on the plane and scoot along. The folks at the marina pulled the boat out of the water with the trailer still attached to it , See there are some idiots in this world , they should of had it attached to the car , this way they could of listen to the cars radio while out on the water.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
...finding panties in the sand
...hope they werent worn by a man
...smokin' cigarettes 'n watchin' Captain Kangaroo
...now dont tell me, I've nuthin' ta do

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

apologies ta Lew DeWitt & the Statler Brothers