Coffee Pot | SouthernPaddler.com

Coffee Pot

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Howdy Boys,

Went ta Wally World 'n drifted over ta the sporting goods section. Saw a big 12 cup Coleman stainless steel coffee pot. $17. There wuz a cheap Ozark Trail 12 cup pot that wuz real flimsy compared ta the heavy duty Coleman. $22 Up on the top shelf wuz a extra flimsy 8 cup blue ceramic pot made so cheap the one in front had the lid all twisted 'n bent. $11.

The Coleman price wuz on a red tag, not yellow like all the rest. When I got home 'n looked it over, I figger I made a good deal. This Coleman wuz solid. I reckon ya kin make spaghetti in 'er whack a surly bartender. :wink:

regards
bearridge

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. Chinese Proverb

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I made half a pot two days in a row, but I dont have no percolator coffee....jest the drip stuff. It works okay. On the Ocklawaha when Harry 'n Ray made java, they drew a big crowd of folks with a hand full of gimmie 'n a mouth full of much obliged. Now we oughta have enuff coffee pots ta drive a herd all the way ta Montana. :wink:

regards
bearridge

Well, I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy. Gus McCrae

islandpiper

OK, let's talk about coffee. Do you ever make it by boiling the water, throwing in the coffee, any variety, giving it a stir and then stirring in a raw egg. The egg convinces all the grounds to join the group and hold hands, and probably cuts some of the BITTER out of the brew.

Hey, speaking of brew, here are a couple of the ladies who work for Budweiser, both of them winter just a few miles from here in Covington, Louisiana and visited near my shop a week or so ago.

budweiser.jpg
piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Piper,

IIRC, cowboy coffee iz made the way ya said, cept it iz some egg shell....not a raw egg. I have also heard a bit of cold water does the trick. But it haz been more'n a few years since I done any cowboyin'.

regards
bearridge

ps I reckon ya kin googlize cowboy coffee 'n git the scoop.

Now it is true that I believe this country is following a dangerous trend when it permits too great a degree of centralization of governmental functions. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
You're right about the raw egg coagulating the grounds, and being easy to dump - but GOD is it an ugly thing to look at. Looks like an iguana's afterbirth with congenital defects.

It's like Shelly Berman (comedian of the 50's) used to say about drinking buttermilk, "I like buttermilk - but it's the way the GLASS looks afterwards!"

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Piper,

I heard egg shells since I wuz a little pardner, later I heard some cold water, then I heard a muslim bag, now a whole egg. Next I suppose somebody will claim tofu will settle yer grounds. :wink:

regards
bearridge

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom. H. L. Mencken

CamperDave

Nov 12, 2005
Southwestern PA
Friend Bear...
I know its been months since you posted your buy on the coffee pot, but I couldn't resist thinking about what Sparkey might say if you dumped in some of them 'grits' instead of egg shell, whole egg, water....whatever...might give them grits a whole new classification....maybe Chuckles will spot this post and deliver one of his eloquent narratives...you never know...camperdave

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Always make a fresh pot of coffee......hot buttered grits. This is what you'll look and act like after instant coffee, no grits, and 5 days of rain! :shock:

Oh%20Canada%20096_1.jpg

CamperDave

Nov 12, 2005
Southwestern PA
No grits...

Hey Jimmy...
Nice shot of me and Charlie trying to pretend to be NORMAL...tea bag style coffee, no grits and 5 days of wet and cold--- but we did have some nice fires, and don't forget about the stars....trying to squeeze something positive from that trip...there was that waitress on route 17, but that's another story for another time.........hehehehehehehehe....camperdave

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fellas,

Seems ya dont need egg shells, a raw egg 'er cold water. The grounds settle on their own az the coffee cools. IIRC, that iz how Swampy makes coffee in hiz spaghetti pot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_coffee

This fella haz some good ideas.

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/04/cowboycoffee/

regards
bearridge
cowboy, retired

She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.  Unknown high school student

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
CamperDave said:
Friend Bear...
I know its been months since you posted your buy on the coffee pot, but I couldn't resist thinking about what Sparkey might say if you dumped in some of them 'grits' instead of egg shell, whole egg, water....whatever...might give them grits a whole new classification....maybe Chuckles will spot this post and deliver one of his eloquent narratives...you never know...camperdave

No words of wisdom , the pot is dry this morning , not overflowing like normal. I hate these dry spells but my po old mind needs to rest now and then , OK , so it is resting most of the time and only active very little of the time.

"O" in preparation of the up coming trip into the Lost Minds Wilderness of Nawth Krackerlina thinking bear will have that coffee pot with him I have increased my health insurance and put a life insurance rider on it. It only covers anything that I might ingest (such as a cup of coffee from that pot). Or a chunk of the Tofu he likes to use to settle the grounds.

Hmmmmmmmmmm , coffee flavored Tofu , he might start a new health food kraze , something healthy with a kick (caffeine ) in it.

I'm sure we will be drinking a lot of it since it is going to be about 70 during the day and going into the mid 30's at night , unlike other (wet) campers and trips they say sunshine for all the time we will be there. Must be why oldyaker could not make it , to much sun and clear sky's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Mister High Sheriff,

Back at the end of July I invited everbody. I figgered oldyaker wuz lookin' fer oysters 'n hot days on the water. In a way I dont blame him. However, I am jest so danged tired of short sleeve shirts. I wanna wear a jacket.....mebbe a stylish stocking cap. :wink:

regards
bearridge

My wife is such a bad cook, in my house we pray after the meal.  Rodney Dangerfield

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
Mister High Sheriff,

However, I am jest so danged tired of short sleeve shirts. I wanna wear a jacket.....mebbe a stylish stocking cap. :wink:

regards
bearridge

Me too , I'm fed up with the heat , it was nice here for a while this morning , 66 outside and it looks like it will roll along that way for a while but it still gets into the upper 80's or low 90's during the day. :evil:

I have a multi colored stocking cap my Mom knitted for me a few years ago when I was 13 or 14. It is great when it gets cold outside, use to down here but not anymore.

Chuck
PS. Got my chow box packed and ready for the woods. No worries about any rain , oldyaker won't be there. :D

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Does anybody over there dring - gasp, instant coffee?

that is my standard fare with lots of sugar or honey and a little milk. The other stuff is just too much trouble for me.

Oh yeah, we call your stocking caps beanies. :p

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Mick,

I would drink instant coffee, but they dont make instant Folgers Simply Smooth. It is purty new, so they may have instant comin' ta a grocery near us someday. All the other coffee haz too much acid fer my gut. Mebbe I put too much jalapeno, Zatarains, cayene, habenero, etc. in it? :oops:

Miz Bear drinks instant ever day. Mixes her own blend........decaf 'n caf. Then she puts some cinnamon 'n some Sweet 'n Low in it.

regards
bearridge

Aint much of a crime, whackin a surly bartender. Gus McCrae