Cookies | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Cookies

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
We had a bunch (9) of "over the hill" bananas. It was cool outside, 46 degrees, so it's a good day to run an oven! I added 3 handsful of chocolate drops, a couple tablespoons of cinnamon, and a teaspoon of vanilla. Mashed and mixed up the mess. Very good! They're still cooling now. Well, most of them are on the cupboard cooling. A couple of them are already in the digestive tract.

I also make homemade (Joey calls it hand crafted) applesauce in the crockpot. Next time, if timing is right, I'll try adding about 1/2 cup of that per batch.

Sorry, Bob, didn't have any okras to add. But - I do have 4 each jalapeno peppers out front on my "farm". I intend to smoke the peppers. Maybe they would go well in the banana-oat meal cookies? ;-)

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Oh, another point. I put some silicone parchment paper on the baking sheet. No clean up that way. If the parchment overhangs edges of the metal, it deflects hot air. I use shears to cut it back so things bake more evenly. (Similarly, when I cook in the crockpot, I use the liner bags. Again, very little clean up.)

In these cases, efficiency is spelled L A Z Y.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I suppose that, being banana based, it's a good idea yo refrigerate these? OK to, say, take o couple on a walk or out fishing. But may not be a good idea for more than a day?

Tasty, filling, nutricious - and has CHOCOLATE! Can't be improved upon.