Crocs | SouthernPaddler.com

Crocs

dawallace45

In the last few years there have been quite A lot of croc sightings up and down the river , quite a few have actually been reported to the authorities and a couple captured and released some where else , this morning there was a report of a large croc taking a cow off the river bank just Down the road , the government fellers spotted a few crocs a few weeks back and reckon one of them was about 15 ft , way too big

Last week some scientists from the government reckoned that they were just migratory and not breeding even though there have been quite a few reports of nests and baby crocs spotted in the river , they won't accept even photographic evidence unless it comes from the government experts

There was a croc spotted in the little creek off the main beach in the middle of Hervey Bay last week , middle of town , right where every one swims

There have been several spotted down at Eli creek where Mick paddles when he's not off traveling

The big problem is that people aren't used to them , not long after a couple of the crocs were caught in the river I saw several children swimming at the boat ramp , I asked them it They thought it wise to swim in discoloured water when there were crocs about and they said no worries , the crocs were caught all the way up the river about 150 metres away , bloody hell , that is just plain stupid , not to mention the river is full of big bull sharks and they catch them right there off the floating jetty where the kids were swimming , hell at that time there were two fellers set up with heavy gear and whole mullet for bait trying to catch sharks and spooning chum into the water , 10 ft away from where the kids were swimming

Got me stuffed

David

dawallace45

Bob
That is it , some one or several some ones will have to die before something is done , there is even a bunch of people who reckon nothing should be done no matter what and the ones already captured should be released back exactly where they were caught , strangely enough none of these people live anywhere near the water and don't swim , fish , kayak or such and don't reckon any one else should

David