Didgeridoo | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Didgeridoo

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Yakus Musicus and BearsBuddy Mucus are nearly twins. They would be great impersonators (female impersonators, ehh?) for our singing group.

TexasRiverRaticus Flexiblicus could teach them to kick step. Our percussion section could be using large branches to convert Ron's boat into kindling.

I'll take mail-in requests on the didgeridoo.

YEAH! Sounding good!

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Hey Gerry! Just think....were the best looking gals these poor old sobs can get! Now that's funny....I don't care who ya are! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
No ya'er all takin this wrong. This is a stand up take it to your river camp site type band.
The bass fiddle but made outa an old paddle can ya help me here Piper. Yaker and Bears Buddy We'll need your measurements to have Costumes made for you. What's your favorite colors? The tour was scheduled for March but had to be postponed.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I figure there will be one performance and one performance only.......those river folk will hang the lot of ya after the first one! :roll:

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
oldyaker said:
I figure there will be one performance and one performance only.......those river folk will hang the lot of ya after the first one! :roll:

Sounds like a sequel to Deliverance in the making for the other corner of Georgia.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I don't believe it's that good, Jimmy W. And, it's headed for debut in Waco anyway. That oughta tell you something right there.

BTW, remember one of the last scenes in the movie of Deliverance, where a fat sheriff leans on the car door of the three paddlers and warns, "You ain't never gonna do anything like this again, heah?" That sheriff was Leon Dickey, the author.

He died about a year ago. I don't know if he ever paddled or played didgeridoo, but his book sure set off a paddling binge in the US.

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
The author of Deliverance was James Dickey and he died in January 1997. You are right about him playing the sheriff though. I have read that the river is his book was based on the Coosawattee River. The best whitewater on the Coosawattee is now drowned at the bottom of Carter's Lake.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Aye god you're right. That sneaky Leon changed his name! '97??!! Tempis sure does fugit. Slips right away from me here.

Thanks, Jimmy. I like to hang around with fellows smarter than me. (And they're kind of hard to find.) Glad you're here.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Jeez Jack.......I was just telling Paul yesterday that your a fart smeller!...........OOPS! :oops: .....Freudian slip....so sorry.....I meant smart feller.
Jimmy W.....nothing left of that river today?

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
Most of the river is still there and would do for geezer paddling and fishing, but the dam drowned the big rapids. BTW, Carter's Lake dam is the highest earthen dam east of the Mississippi River and the lake is more than 450 feet deep when it is full. Right now it is so low that all the boat ramps are closed. Flood level on the lake is 1099 feet above sea level and normal summer pool is 1074 and it is now at about 1052. It is named for a Carter family that used to live near there and not for Jimmy Carter. Some more on the river is here. http://www.georgiariverfishing.com/GaDescriptions/coosawattee.htm

From www.trails.com:
The Coosawattee River is the lost gem of North Georgia’s whitewater streams. Said to have rivaled the Chattooga River, the most dramatic portions of the Coosawattee now lie stilled beneath the surface of Carters Lake. A sense of what the Coosawattee was and what it has become is masterfully conveyed by James Dickey’s poem “On the Coosawattee.â€Â

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks JimmyW........I enjoyed that read....didn't know any of that information. With your permission, I will place it in the Places to Paddle.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I think I'm gonna have ta hire a Boy Scout to untie the knot in my tongue after trying to pronounce that one