Didgeridoo | SouthernPaddler.com

Didgeridoo

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
OK, the only instrument int he world that is more audacious than a bagpipe is a didgeridoo. Mine arrived today.

I'll start practicing so I can serenade fellow campers. (It's a take apart model and carries in a nice bag.) Oughta be able to call in a love-sick moose or armadillo.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I work around jet engines 24/7......I will provide free of charge hearing protection for any SP member camping with Jack! I feel it's my duty to human kind! :roll:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Chuck,

That is a real interesting site mate. :D

I have been trying to learn the didge all my life. :oops: Even, here at work, some of the murri boys make and play them and have been trying to teach me.

It allways ends in hoots of laughter with me at the centre of it. :lol:

There is nothing, I can think of that is more spiritual than the sun setting over an outback billabong (waterhole) and the haunting notes of a didge being well played in the distance. Especially in this land.

To think that a people, on the other side of the world are interested in, let alone wanting to learn to play such a primitive instrument has made my day. :D

Bloody Goodonya MATE!!!! :D

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I saw a piece on TV with a guy playing one and he could continuously blow without stopping to take a breath. He would blow by inflating his cheeks like a reservoir and push air out while inhaling. Interesting to watch. I guess it worked sorta like Piper's bagpipes.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
hairymick said:
... To think that a people, on the other side of the world are interested in, let alone wanting to learn to play such a primitive instrument has made my day. :D

Bloody Goodonya MATE!!!! :D
Mick, the Rules of Engagement with Life are simple.

I never smoke,
.......................... more than one cigar,
............................................................ at a time.

I have no other restrictrictions.

dawallace45

Mick

Getting on 30 years ago I had a mate who could play the didge , he wasn't bad either and he took it with him when he come shooting with us , there was 4 of us all together , mate liked to play his didge at sunset and sunrise , he thought it spiritual too , it may look good in the movies but 15 bloody minutes of it was 14 minutes and 40 seconds too bloody long , not surprising he couldn't find it the next morning and didn't get it back until we were packing to leave , I figure I saved that mate some pain when I hid it , the other fellers seemed to think it would make a great suppository for him when he started playing it at first light , some of us were feeling a little delicate that morning , some thing to do with the amount of beer , red wine and rum we had consumed

Noises that I consider spiritual at sunset are the noise your drag makes when a big fish takes your popper just on dark , the boom of a 30/06 when a pig comes down in the fading light to drink but most of all the noise your ring pull makes when you open a cold one while looking out over the water

David

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
Heres Jack at the next rendezvous :lol: :lol: :lol:

main-c9943150-9f9f-42fb-af18-5f2e8bb726a5.jpeg

DM
mike

islandpiper

If that is Jack, who the heck is the other one?

If you advertise this as a preview of the next Rendezvous, there JUST MAY NOT BE another Rendezvous.

The best did-ger-eeeeee-dooo's come from wally world. Buy them in the golf section: club-tubes with the bottom's cut into the mouth-piece shape: $1.25 ea.

Jack, you can practice at double time if you just put the vacuum cleaner hose up to your mouth.......that'll make your lips flap faster and get 'em in shape quicker. And, we want a picture of that!

piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I have two words for you guys; one of them is "you".

Dave, I concur on no noise at sunrise, it is too spiritual already. But, the nicest sound to hear about sunset time is, "That was nice; let's do it again."

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I've been practicing with the harmonica that Piper gave us at the Rendezvous. I'll have to admit I am not musically inclined probably better that way then actually trying to play any song. Can I join your band Jack?

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
My be we can get Piper to build a stand up base fiddle out of an old paddle. A two or three stringer then recruit TRR to play it. Then we can go on tour. We can use the upcoming trips for the agenda.
Rock on With Kayak Jack and Didgeridoo Too
Paul

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Do you think Ron can play the broomstick fastened to a wash tub like Granny used to play on Beverly Hillbillies? He's not as attractive as she was, but we can allow him, nonetheless ......... I guess .............. if we have to.

Piper San is a real professional musician. He'd probably scoff at us; want us to run around with tin cups gathering loose change and such. Those professionals are haughty, ya know.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Course we'd need female back up singers. Or maybe just dress Old Yaker and Bears Buddy up like girls would do for now.