Done.... Finally! | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Done.... Finally!

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
Between keyboard and chair
A woman who loves boats? Don't let her get away!

After some delicate negotiations with SWMBO, I am allotted up to an hour a night, two with good behavior, plus 8 hours on the weekend for "working on that boat". I asked her about attending Paddlefest with me, but she suggested that it should be a boy expedition. Signing up myself and 3 teenage sons...

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
Couple more from today. Finally got Christy to take the boat out by herself.

shikeswithcanoe

Feb 4, 2010
Hey

You ought to look us up, the West Florida Canoe and Kayak Club. Just do an internet search for WFCKC and you'll find our website. I think you'd be surprised how many nice streams,creeks,and rivers there are to paddle within a short drive around here. Now that the nasty weather is over, we will probably be having a paddle almost every weekend.

And if you want to get an idea of whats available to paddle in the panhandle area, go to our links sections, then use that to go the the green wave forum. That covers the state of Florida and its broken up into a handful of regions.

My email is [email protected]. Email me and I'll let you know what paddles are going on when. we prefer people join our club (its pretty cheap), but we don't mind non-members tagging along on a few trips until they get the chance to join.

And go to Jackson Guard in Niceville post haste and get yourself and your SO Eglin recreational permits (its like 11 dollars a year). There are a couple of VERY VERY nice creeks on the Eglin Military Reservation.

Oh, and our club has some of the nicest, friendliest, and most helpful people I have ever meet.

Come out and paddle with us. We will help you scratch that boat up all proper and like.

captaindoug

Nov 18, 2009
Tampa Bay, Florida
Nice job on the boat Capt., just wondering where you got the paddle in the photos? Looks like it is a long one, maybe just an illusion from the pix. I am looking for a longer paddle for my rig.