Ebenezer Creek and Sasquatch 14 x 30 paddling report. | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Ebenezer Creek and Sasquatch 14 x 30 paddling report.

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
Ok, so me & the GF are gonna be up in Vanna for a 3-4 day weekend in a few weeks (past turkey day), should we bring a cooler? :lol:

Not bringing boats, our first time up there and just gonna do the touristy looky-lue thing, this time.

DM
mike

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
dangermouse01 said:
Ok, so me & the GF are gonna be up in Vanna for a 3-4 day weekend in a few weeks (past turkey day), should we bring a cooler? :lol:

Not bringing boats, our first time up there and just gonna do the touristy looky-lue thing, this time.

DM
mike

Not sure where Vanna ( Unless you are saying .. Savanna :lol: ) is but if you are in or around the Savanna area :roll: , YES if you want some good shrimp.
By the way .. You really might regret not having a boat with you , thee is some nice paddling water in that area.

Plus make sure you stop by Loves Seafood for a supper , you will not regret it , some dam good chow and lots of it.

If you are camping and stay at Ft.McAllister State Park then it is easy to get to Loves.
Just leave the park and go back into Richmond Hill , stay in the right hand lane in town. When you get to the traffic light at the main road ( there is a gas station on your right , Hardees on the left ) hang a right hand turn on the 4 lane and about 6 miles down the road is the bridge over the Ogeechee river.
As soon as you cross over it , make a left hand turn off the 4 lane to the acess road then another quick left down to Loves.
You will see it as you cross the bridge on the left.

Trust me , it is worth the stop and don't get the Ga white shrimp platter unless you are really hungry , if you don't get it then you will hate yourself later. :lol:

Chuck.

Hannah06

May 20, 2009
Re:

oldsparkey said:
Smackover ...

If .. I should say when I'm back up there you can bet I will be bringing home with me a ... LARGE COOLER ... full of those shrimps. :D

Been on two more camping trips (solo ones ) since then and in the evening I can sit by the camp fire and think of Loves Seafood Restaurant and taste them , Yes Sir they are some sort of good.

You guy's have keep the secret about them for to long , ya had to let a Italian find them and then spread the word. They don't call him oldyaker for nothing.

Now this cracker knows about them and I sure can't keep a secret about good chow. Dang , I hope I'm not part Italian or could that be constipation that is the problem. . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuckles........
Running and ducking here boss........INCOMING fer sure....... :wink:
I just want you to know that I am very thankful the I have read your post. :wink: I am always hoping that this will not be the last post that I could be read written by you! :lol: