Eleven Point River | SouthernPaddler.com

Eleven Point River

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Heres a picture Mary Decker shoal looks easy here.
Mary20Decker20Shoal202.jpg

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Paul,

Mary Decker aint much of a rapid, but the one at Halls Bay iz.....moreso after a hoodoochie. It iz jest above Riverton. If ya run that stretch, better read where ta run it at different water levels. It wuz a bit bigger'n most of what we seen on the Buffalo 'n that wuz after the High Sheriff called in a hoodoochie 'n a half.

http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3411

regards
bearridge

Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch? Sundance Kid

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Thanks BR Bear I may look there later but for the September run I'm thinking after going to cane bluff to start at Greer Crossing to Whitten

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
pr

Am I the only one who noticed that the person that tok the photo did not use a telephoto lens, nor did he focus in on the bow paddlers.

I think an offical repremand is in order. :lol: :lol: :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
I noticed the bikinis. Were there boats? Were they in water?

Trust the dirty old geezers to look at something they can't catch except in there dreams and then they still have no idea of what to do , lost there instruction manual.

They should pay more attention to the types of canoes and the water , not even saying anything about the surrounding area , the real beauty.
Women are a natural pain , wilderness is always a pleasure. :D

Chuck.
PS. Them that brag , never managed , them who are silent /respective ...... never mind. :roll:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Paul,

Did ya see the Spring River pichurs my paddlin' pal, Chester the Molester, took? He iz a fine landscape pichur taker. If ya aint seen 'em, let me know 'n I'll give ya the link.

regards
bearridge

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
BR Bear how I've missed your 11 Point Trip report I don't know I thought I'd read every post on the SP. Thanks for the report gonna have to reread again
Paul

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
The last pichur Paul posted aint on the river, it iz in the chute up ta the spring at Greer.....which iz a few hunerd yards frum the river. The sign on the river sez "dont come up inta the spring", but I done my best ta paddle up agin that current....wore me out. The Halls Bay rapid scairt me the most cuz I figgered my ribs wuz broke 'n the wind wuz blowin' hard....then I jest had ta move over river left cuz it looked like more fun. :wink:

I call the Halls Bay rapid Class II at high water. Mary Decker iz Class I in my book, but I figger they call it Class II. Frum my time on the water with the Paddlin' Geezer Canoe Clud, they would handle Mary Decker jest fine. I'd figger 90% would git thru Halls Bay with the water under the boat....mebbe more if we scouted first 'n give up on helter skelter paddlin'. If women wuz lookin', some of the geezers mite turn bottom upwards jest fer the rescue 'n the naked part that comes next. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

ps Any of ya'll aim ta paddle the Eleven Point fer the first time, give me a holler. If Miz Bear kin, I will have her run shuttle 'n point the way....fer az I recall it. Most of the water on the Eleven Point comes frum springs, so I reckon any time of year there will be water. First we gotta git outta the rehab hospital 'n take a few days so she kin learn ta walk on her legs agin without a walker. I will ask the theraputics if shuttle bunny chores aint good fer stroke folks.

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away. Ronald Reagan

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Paul,

She haz ta mow in September, but I mite join up with ya....jest tell me the dates. Most of the places I know of dont have any water in September......less the High Sheriff sets out ta camp 'n paddle. I got $5 sez hiz recent expedishun seen a hoodoochie 'er two. I dont even need to check with the NOAA. :mrgreen:

I'd suggest Greer Springs down ta Riverton....mebbe below Riverton. I didnt care much fer the stretch above Greer Springs....too slow, too flat 'n too many big trees down that wuz hard ta git round.

Miz Bear dont camp on the river bank. She sez ole men fart 'n snore too much 'n she dont like ta git movin' til she haz a bath 'n puts on make up. That wuz before the stroke. I dont know where she come up with them strange ideas. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

I knew I'd been living in Berkeley too long when I saw a sign that said "Free Firewood" and my first thought was "Who is Firewood and what has he done?" John Berger

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I've been planning a 5 river adventure, base camping somewhere near Eminence Mo. The Current one day the Jacks Fork another the 11 then a move to run the Gasconade and Big Piney. Bring your camper or trailer base camping with local outfitters to shuttle us to and from put ins and take outs. I'm just starting to get this together with a Sept 21 to 28 possible time Tom @BB is interested just to camp maybe a few days others seem interested but we'll see
Paul