Eleven Point River | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Eleven Point River

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Te 21st thru the 28th......Hmmmmm.......I have a date to take the Grand Kids camping 11th thru the 17th in NC. Now, if I can Boat Science the Boss out of a few more days vacation in September.....Hmmmmm........your base camping, right? I may be able to make it for a few days and a couple rivers of that.......I'll try!

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
Yak,

Where in NC do you plan to be in September? I expect to be there at that time.

Paul's plans sure sound interesting. Been wanting to get back out there ever since the Great Geezer Buffalo Expedition, but I'm not sure yet whether I can get away at that time.

Joe

Commodore

Dec 13, 2003
Melbourne Beach, Fl
If I am on the right side of the grass at that time I figure I will be there with a couple others. Maybe Chuck, Ray, Harry Jr. It sure sounds like a nice adventure. I like the idea of camping in one spot and canoeing for the days in different rivers without having the canoe heavily loaded. As of now count me in. Commodore

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
That's what I've tried to do make just short trips during the morning and early afternoon then plenty of time to relax and have the campfire burning. Like I've said it's still too early to complete all the coordinations but that's what I do so keep watching.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Commodore said:
If I am on the right side of the grass at that time I figure I will be there with a couple others. Maybe Chuck, Ray, Harry Jr. It sure sounds like a nice adventure. I like the idea of camping in one spot and canoeing for the days in different rivers without having the canoe heavily loaded. As of now count me in. Commodore

Same with me , I like the base camp idea and it looks like a good crew since there have restrictions on any Italians being there and making them go to North Carolina instead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
Oldyaker , just call in sick for that time period or tell the boss you are practicing for retirement.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
'P' Gator.....I'll be camping on the beach at Nags Head.......If I'm correct, you will be at the extreme Western end of NC. Now if by chance you will be near the Eastern end of NC......You and your lovely bride are more than welcome to enjoy one of my steaks burned on the grill and some Chateau' Le Cardboard. :wink: Grand Kids will be snuggled in their camp beds after a tiring day on the beach! 9/11-9/17.

Now, I'm really going to try and make it Paul's Paddl'n Geezer Fest if only for a few nights.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Oldyaker that's another good reason for the base camp. If you can only visit for a few days no problem stay what you can. In fact if you missed a day trip and would like to do that instead of following the VOYAGERS then that is an option that could be arranged with the outfitters. Besides some of us gotta keep the SSA solvent for at least a few more years.